Low Quality = BEST Quality

MATTERSGAME

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I've been on YouTube for a while and what I've noticed is that it doesn't matter how high quality your visuals are, the only thing that matters is how good your content is. I've even seen one of my own subscribers and long time fan blow up even though his channel didn't look "professional", So to test this theory I made a whole redesign of my channel that I think most people could emulate. The whole point of this is you can use MS Paint and whatever you have at your disposal as an advantage rather than a disadvantage. if you wish to take this style please go ahead, but make it unique to you and your personality! Hoped this post broke your brain a little and made you think about how you can stand out and be your own unique creator!
HERE is the Profile Pic, Banner, and an outro all made using MS Paint.
OUTRO
couldn't be uploaded so here is a link to check it out! (also for mods this video is on unlisted)

LOW QUALITY MATTER PROFILE PIC.pngmatters low quality = high quality 2.png

SpookyShiba

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Totally agree. sometimes simple is best. It's different, it's easy, and memorable imo. The thumbs up guy made me think 'same...' LOL

Reactions: asburyboss

asburyboss

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ha mine is similar to that too . It's a bit lo-fi .
I drew my pictures by hand with manga pens then uploaded them with a scanner and used windows movie maker (my laptop is quite old) to put them together.
The logo on my 'On a dark night' section of fictional stories was drawn with pen and coloured in with marker pen . It's not bad and I think it suits it .
The nightmare truth (my true horror stories) logo was also done the same except this time I didnt colour it until I uploaded it and used a paint style program to fill in the area.
My partner thinks it looks like a commodore 64 (for you youngsters it was our games machine in the 80s!!) , does it work , I'm not so sure but for now it will do.

Attachments

Reactions: SpookyShiba

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Content is always king. But I would say that audio quality is extremely important. At least to me. I often can't stand to watch videos with really bad audio.

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Content is always king. But I would say that audio quality is extremely important. At least to me. I often can't stand to watch videos with really bad audio.
That's something I definitely need to improve. My GoPro mike just isn't cutting it much of the time. I need to upgrade to a better mike.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Length of video matters too, take it from someone that had 2 hour long videos in 2019. 10-20 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for most channels. I've seen many channels with shorter videos doing very well too, but it depends on the niche and audience profiles.