Losing views???

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
ever since I started my channel I had been consistently getting views. Never a day without views. Never a day without AT LEAST 10 views. I was just looking at my social blade and I dropped way below that average around August 2. I don’t understand what happened, what went wrong, or what’s going on. It’s a little disheartening because I was really proud of my numbers (I know they’re small but I’m an extremely small channel so anything helps) now I’m a little bummed out about this. Why the sudden loss in views? What can I do to change this? Do I just need to ride the wave so to speak?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Welcome to the YouTube algorithm machine. Part of the deal you'll have to put up with. Either you find other ways and go out and get your own views or sit there and wait for YT to do it's thing. I prefer the former.

You're young and have plenty of time to hone your craft and learn to upload consistently. Don't put too much thought in views or subs or whatever. Improve your content and be proactive in spreading your content yourself.

Good luck.

Reactions: ToxicTabasco

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same here. My videos used to get hundreds of thousands of views before 2016, and now my new ones only get a couple hundred each even with having 20,000 subscribers.

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
It unfortunately happens to every channel on youtube. Literally EVERY channel. It's hard but try not to focus on the numbers, focus on what you need to improve in your vids, whether it may be vid quality, audio, consistency etc. Then you'll find the right viewers from there at some point. Youtube is a marathon, you gotta be in it for the long run ;)