Losing friends over your Youtube?

I had something similar. Back in the days I had a veggie gf.
She gave an ultimatum, give up meat or it's over.
Suffice to say, I regularly enjoy a juicy Whopper.
You always got to weight up the pros and cons.
Giving up Whoppers is a lot to ask for...
Yeah. She gotta go!

all my friends are supportive of me, and if they aren't, they at least wont prevent me from doing what I love. I say keep doing what you're doing, get a girl that could be a part of your dreams not prevent you from reaching yours

I won't say we've lost any friends over it, but you can tell some people just don't get it.

The people around me are generally supportive. But sometimes I get into it too deep and need to be pulled out. It truly is a hobby one could get lost in. Now if it was my day-job I don't think I would have any issues at all. Work is work and it has to be done. A hobby? Shouldn't have to be done... But, as time goes on my YouTube channel keeps growing (slowly mind you) and somehow, deep inside, I can't shake the feeling I am on the right track. It's a silly old dream.

I never faced this issue. My friends are either interested and end up taking part or just don't care either way. I guess it's different when you're a kid and all that matters is being 'cool'. If your friends feel you're acting silly for a channel with barely any views, they kinda don't want to be known as 'the guys who hang with that one lame Youtube obsessed loser guy' so I guess I understand why they would unfriend someone. When you're older you have a more 'live and let live' mentality so even if you don't like your friend's Youtuber hobby, you're just gonna ignore it, but not end the friendship over it.[DOUBLEPOST=1479278619,1479278173][/DOUBLEPOST]
The people around me are generally supportive. But sometimes I get into it too deep and need to be pulled out. It truly is a hobby one could get lost in. Now if it was my day-job I don't think I would have any issues at all. Work is work and it has to be done. A hobby? Shouldn't have to be done... But, as time goes on my YouTube channel keeps growing (slowly mind you) and somehow, deep inside, I can't shake the feeling I am on the right track. It's a silly old dream.

I kinda agree. While my game reviews and lets plays are random whenevers, I got used to reviewing several unboxings and all the WWE Pay Per Views. It's like when Wrestlemania comes around I feel like I 'have' to review it. Whenever I get a sub box I 'have' to do it the same day I got it. The same goes for most big movies though sometimes lack of time and money kinda gives me no choice but to miss it or wait until the home release.

I can relate to OP, loads of my friends don't understand my vision, since I run like 3 YT channels, and a few other things, I rarely focus on them being supportive or whatever. If they want to be involved they will be.

I am confident our efforts will pay off one day.

I can relate to OP, loads of my friends don't understand my vision, since I run like 3 YT channels, and a few other things, I rarely focus on them being supportive or whatever. If they want to be involved they will be.

I am confident our efforts will pay off one day.

Exactly, in the end, It'll all work out :)

I don't understand why someone would do something like that, It's stupid, people have hobbys! dang.
Luckily, not many people know about my channel and the people I HAVE told about it have been either supportive or indifferent so, no harm done?
If someone isn't going to support you and your hobbies/passions they're kind of useless to your life.. You need to have people around you that build you up not tear you doooown

I'm glad you made the right decision, having love for someone you have to accept their passions and clap for them for going after them, not making them quit because they think it's pointless haha everyone's gotta start from the bottom to get to the top, I'm glad you didn't quit :) I Haven't stumbled upon anyone who didn't agree with my small youtube life because everyone in my life knows how important youtube is to me plus I'm a little stubborn when it comes to certain things so they also know I wouldn't listen to them if they told me to stop making video's lol

Back