Looking for some honest feedback

Alvan

Youtuber, Improviser, Dinosaur, and Student
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been slowly getting back into YouTube, and I'm looking to get feedback on a couple things:
1. Thumbnails - I feel my thumbnails could be better, I'm currently doing the same thing as I used to. Looking for ideas and feedback
2. Overall Branding
3. Video Titling - specifically with my recent learning to draw series, feel the titles could be more engaging

All feedback is appreciated and welcome :)

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
if I was editing your most recent thumbnails, I would make the drawings bigger.
The image below, I made Pikachu 200% bigger, but maybe your could have helf the notebook closer to the camera? (don't judge my poor editing lol it was 10 seconds in MS paint)
I think that is the most attention-grabbing part of the image.
but that's just me

1597017613933.png<---Me |Your ---> 1597017827145.png

----------------------------------------------------------
I actually watched your videos before you asked for a review. They are great!

To me your titles are good.
I'm assuming your channel's target audience is now people who want to draw??
Am I right to assume that? If not, how can we make it clear that this isn't a drawing brand channel? if so how can we make it clearer that it's a drawing brand channel based on the channel banner?

If I subscribed to your channel based on your last few videos (not your older ones) it would be to see more drawing content.

Last edited:

Alvan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think you are doing great on all fronts :up2: keep going
Thanks man!

if I was editing your most recent thumbnails, I would make the drawings bigger.
The image below, I made Pikachu 200% bigger, but maybe your could have helf the notebook closer to the camera? (don't judge my poor editing lol it was 10 seconds in MS paint)
I think that is the most attention-grabbing part of the image.
but that's just me

View attachment 44671<---Me |Your ---> View attachment 44672

----------------------------------------------------------
I actually watched your videos before you asked for a review. They are great!

To me your titles are good.
I'm assuming your channel's target audience is now people who want to draw??
Am I right to assume that? If not, how can we make it clear that this isn't a drawing brand channel? if so how can we make it clearer that it's a drawing brand channel based on the channel banner?

If I subscribed to your channel based on your last few videos (not your older ones) it would be to see more drawing content.
This is some good feedback, Always looking for ways to make my thumbnails more eye catching

It's not a drawing channel, it's a channel about learning new skills. It might be more clear as a release more videos, but maybe I should communicate this more

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
but maybe I should communicate this more
I like to think about the first time viewer and their experience when they find 1 of your video. This first-time viewer's name is Joe. Joe is all about learning new skills. How does Joe know this is the channel that he's been looking for since the start of quarantine?

Every video has a Joe who has been looking for a channel like yours, but how do you make it obvious so Joe knows this is exactly what he's been looking for?

I think if you answer that you will be in a better place then most YouTubers (including me)

btw - Keep making cool stuff!

Reactions: Alvan

Alvan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I like to think about the first time viewer and their experience when they find 1 of your video. This first-time viewer's name is Joe. Joe is all about learning new skills. How does Joe know this is the channel that he's been looking for since the start of quarantine?

Every video has a Joe who has been looking for a channel like yours, but how do you make it obvious so Joe knows this is exactly what he's been looking for?

I think if you answer that you will be in a better place then most YouTubers (including me)

btw - Keep making cool stuff!
That’s a really good way of putting it! I’ll keep this in mind

Looks like you've had some good feedback so far. I would agree across the board with what's been said:

You're doing a great job keep going and keep moving towards that clarity for your channel. You've got a variety of videos.

Are there some you could make Unlisted that would help focus down the channel more? Treat it as a bit of a portfolio, create and show what you want to be known for.

If you're still working that out, doesn't hurt to do a few videos in a few categories and see what you enjoyed creating most as well as what performed well and what people engaged the most with.

I get the feeling you know what you're doing though and it's just a case of time and getting more of what you want to put out... out there!

Off to a great start, just keep going!

Chris
I never thought about unlisting old videos, i might do that as time goes on once i get more out. Thanks for the feedback!