Large youtubers vs smaller youtubers...a delicate balance?

Athene used to promote smaller channels everyday

What happened ?

Everyone started unsubscribing from him and not checking the channels out because he was just shouting everyone out.

If big youtubers where to shout out smaller youtubers all the time, a shoutout would cease to be in any way effective, It would in fact become completely useless.

You will get a shoutout if you have truly earned a shout out and by doing it that way, the shoutout will actually be effective.
 
Athene used to promote smaller channels everyday

What happened ?

Everyone started unsubscribing from him and not checking the channels out because he was just shouting everyone out.

If big youtubers where to shout out smaller youtubers all the time, a shoutout would cease to be in any way effective, It would in fact become completely useless.

You will get a shoutout if you have truly earned a shout out and by doing it that way, the shoutout will actually be effective.
Exactly, thats kinda what i was trying to get to lol.
 
When I speak "small" I'm talking about 500 to 2,500 subs, and it can't hurt larger channels to say, shout out 1 channel once a week or twice a month, can it? Ones that do show reasonable content and soforth, and not just another Minecraft/Call of Duty/Battlefield/Big Youtuber coattail riding channel.
 
Larger channels have other things going on. Keep in mind the amount of channels that are now on Youtube. Who can keep up? Like @TheBatteryChicken said, they could shout out people all the time but even viewers can't pay attention to everyone.
 
When I speak "small" I'm talking about 500 to 2,500 subs, and it can't hurt larger channels to say, shout out 1 channel once a week or twice a month, can it? Ones that do show reasonable content and soforth, and not just another Minecraft/Call of Duty/Battlefield/Big Youtuber coattail riding channel.

It doesn't hurt the larger channel, but it hurts the value of the shoutout. That's one of the reasons why we run recommendations about once a month. Any more than that would dilute their effectiveness and render them meaningless to those that we are trying to help.
 
I give shout-outs once every 3-4 weeks. This is not an opportunity for your channel to be promoted. This is a chance at a reward for participating on my channel. My soon-to-be #1 video is one such presentation where I gave 16 people shout-outs. I get people asking for random shout-outs. Viewers don't watch my videos to hear a bunch of shout-outs. I'm not going to give my audience content that they do not desire.


test_zps0830184b.jpg
 
Theres a guy called 'Swoozie", he has ovr 2 Million Subscribers, in every single video at the end of the video he has a shoutout box, every single video no matter what he shoutout's YouTube channels, Instagrams, Twitters. there are channels who do that you just got to look around. The likes of ShayCarl or JennaMarbles or anything, no chance. The fame hasn't effected Swoozie and still remains true and humble and refuses to be looked at as a celebrity or famous.
 
One thing I've noticed throughout the years is that it's really important for smaller channels or anyone who isn't big in their industry yet to stick together. If you can find a crew of likeminded friends who all help each other out and promote each other and collab when possible, it helps a lot. The hardest part is just finding those people.
 
Back
Top