Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well I've created a brand channel 'LandyVlad Rides'

and have filmed my first video for it.
I finished editing it last night and have just uploaded it now.

The topic of my first video is washing my motorcycle, and I filmed it on my mobile phone which worked pretty well.

I learned a few things

* I accidentally filmed the first part of the video in portrait mode. (facepalm). I decided to put some text on screen apologising and letting the audience know it'll go to landscape mode soon.

* Due to the location of the camera and weird tripod / mount setup I managed to cut off most of my head on a fair few shots. Some might says that's a benefit :) but it's something I am now aware of and can fix for next time.

overall I'm pretty happy with it for a 'first' video for the channel

I did the thumbnail myself in Photoshop elements. OK for a first try but I'll get better.

As an aside and 'just because I could' I built a website too. landyvladrides.net which I envisage as a place to share all my videos (views there add views to youtube stats so not splitting the audience in that sense), as well as photos and written blog posts - basically some 'bonus material'.

I've only just started doing the website and just a few minutes here and there devoted to it when I get a chance... it's by no means my current priority.
Just something I'm trying and hopefully with some future potential.

I'd appreciate if you could let me know what you think of the 'look' on my channel, and my first video
Suggestions are always welcome of course.

Note that at the moment the other videos on there are old / were created for forums etc and are not necessarily indicative of future content.
They also lack thumbnails etc I'm aware of that and future ones will naturally have the usual 'bells and whistles'.

Cheers all & Thanks !

Last edited:

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have some footage for another quickie video - just exhaust sounds from my bike, with akropovic. Will suit frequent searches for things like "GSX1400" and "Akropovic exhaust"
Might do that over the weekend.