Keep getting this error on my main computer and not my other computers

Jake Maximus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So basically when I wanted to watch a youtube video today I got this error "This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account" . I have no idea as I would get this error, and try loading the same video in opera and firefox and still got the same error. I then tried going onto my account on a couple of computers around my house and it seems to work fine. So I don't get why it's this one causing the issue. I looked into it a bit more and saw that restricted mode is on. I never noticed that option before and I don't remember ever messing around with it, and I can't seem to turn it off, which baffles me cause in now way I had ever got this area with all the years I had this account. But then I noticed something else too, when I tried to get onto some channels, they wouldn't load all my videos which I'm guessing it age restriction. I have no idea how to fix this and I'm pulling my hair out cause of googles lack of live chat service and support on there end. Is there any way to fix this. I tried clearing my cache, and updated windows 10.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube Forum. The site support forum is for YTTalk site support. ^_^

Perhaps try clearing out YouTube cookies? That seems very strange to me, especially if it works on other devices. Could it be that someone signed in with a linked account along with your main account that is under the age of 18? If two people use the same computer to log in, it might store the other login as a linked account. You can unlink them by logging the other account off. if you click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and see multiple accounts to switch between, then there are linked accounts plugged into your main account.

Jake Maximus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've moved this to the main YouTube Forum. The site support forum is for YTTalk site support. ^_^

Perhaps try clearing out YouTube cookies? That seems very strange to me, especially if it works on other devices. Could it be that someone signed in with a linked account along with your main account that is under the age of 18? If two people use the same computer to log in, it might store the other login as a linked account. You can unlink them by logging the other account off. if you click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and see multiple accounts to switch between, then there are linked accounts plugged into your main account.
No I had this youtube account and nobody else uses it but me. I have multiple channels under it but I never messes with the restriction settings before.

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most likely you're in Restricted Mode and you can't uncheck it and Try using a different browser like firefox