Just Make Things!

Fantastic post, completely agree. You can either moan and whine, or you can continue to do what you love. None of this stops you from creating videos! If you love making videos, continue to do so. The rest doesn't matter!

Fantastic post, completely agree. You can either moan and whine, or you can continue to do what you love. None of this stops you from creating videos! If you love making videos, continue to do so. The rest doesn't matter!
Well, I mean, if people *really* feel that YouTube is abusing them, then head on over to Vimeo, or heck, even host it on your own! That'd be fine too!

It's just getting really tiresome to hear all the whining. We're all here because making videos is awesome. And it still is!

Well said. Everyone goes through a rough patch. We went through one about 5 months ago when our growth level dropped like crazy. It felt like all the momentum we were building up throughout the past year had just disappeared and we were back to our first year numbers again. It was right around the time YouTube went to the new layout on the front page. Was that the reason our numbers dropped? I have no idea. Didn't really care because there was nothing we could do about it the changes that YouTube made. We knew we would have to adapt to the changes or we would be stuck at that same level for a long time. So we made changes. Lots of changes. And a lot more time and effort has been put into everything that we do. The results have exceeded my every expectation.

If you can put forth the same effort into making videos that you put into complaining about how YouTube screwed you over, you will be successful. It's fine to voice your opinion. But lose the attitude that the world is out to get you and go out and make the world your b***h.

Well said. Everyone goes through a rough patch. We went through one about 5 months ago when our growth level dropped like crazy. It felt like all the momentum we were building up throughout the past year had just disappeared and we were back to our first year numbers again. It was right around the time YouTube went to the new layout on the front page. Was that the reason our numbers dropped? I have no idea. Didn't really care because there was nothing we could do about it the changes that YouTube made. We knew we would have to adapt to the changes or we would be stuck at that same level for a long time. So we made changes. Lots of changes. And a lot more time and effort has been put into everything that we do. The results have exceeded my every expectation.

If you can put forth the same effort into making videos that you put into complaining about how YouTube screwed you over, you will be successful. It's fine to voice your opinion. But lose the attitude that the world is out to get you and go out and make the world your b***h.

:up:
http://kippingitreal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Quit-Whining-Make-Life-Your-b***h-300x300.jpg

well said :D now have an ice cream on me :D
ice_cream.jpg

Those are cupcakes. Which can still be used to bribe us. We've done unspeakable acts for cupcakes.

I can't say that I haven't complained about Youtube recently...because I have. But...like you said....it is a free service and I always try to keep that in mind. Youtube, despite it's recent changes, still seems to be the best place to upload videos. You still have potential to go viral (as you very well know hehehe), and they haven't taken away the comments section yet. lol[/quote]

Back