Is Youtube playing with their algorithm again ? Or it just a bug ? Please help

William Yang

Reaction score
In the past 2 months my views are stable , but since yesterday It drops from that amount to about only 5~6% of my usual views , what is this ? I've check all of my metric data , is youtube ''unrelate'' or ''unsuggested'' my videos ?

Not only on 1 of my video , it affects all of my videos , someone who have experienced this before ? or someone that could explain what is happening here to me ? :( I'm so nervous ....

Attachments

Reactions: Pluto

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There´s a possibility that they have changed their algorithm again without telling us!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^^ The YTtalk help forum is for discussing issues specific to the YTtalk forum. =)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Give it a couple of days and then look at views. Sometimes the counters can lag, but generally they catch back up.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the past 2 months my views are stable , but since yesterday It drops from that amount to about only
This is something called the january/feburary drop. It happens consistently, every year to every website and ad revenue platform (not just yt).

Essentially, Internet traffic drops around this time of year in the lul of christmas. Have no fear, your views should go back up once the drop has passed.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This is something called the january/feburary drop. It happens consistently, every year to every website and ad revenue platform (not just yt).

Essentially, Internet traffic drops around this time of year in the lul of christmas. Have no fear, your views should go back up once the drop has passed.

The January drop is the CPM dropping because companies aren't interested in advertising their products and services after Christmas. But the number of views doesn't drop.

William Yang

Reaction score
Then what could caused this ? It is all seems to be fine for past months , but dropped so much now ...

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Remember school started already for a few and there will be a slight drop since some don't use the internet on school days :p

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's a huge drop! It also affects your different videos in the same way at the same point. Definitely something weird going on. Unfortunately there's not much insight you can get into this until the Analytics gets to this point and you can see which traffic sources went down the most during that point.

Boyed

Reaction score
Your video could have been suggested on another personas video that is probably going viral, at some point they remove it. happened to me last year one of my videos was suggested on a viral video got like 4k views in a day for 2 weeks then boom barely 600 in 2 days