Is YouTube demonetizing channels without Facecam?

Reaction score
Hey guys. As I'm sure you're all aware, a real sh*tstorm is happeneing throughout YT at the moment regarding the Partner Program.
I'm a manager of many YT channels all but one of which has been recently kicked from the YPP on the grounds of Misleading Thumbnails. The content on the channels is narration-based information over stock audio/footage. I know that recently YT has been demonetizing channels without narration.

My question is, has anyone grounds to believe that YT favours facecam videos over narrated pieces, and has anyone experienced demonetization for having only narrated videos?

Thanks,
Joe!

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Hey guys. As I'm sure you're all aware, a real sh*tstorm is happeneing throughout YT at the moment regarding the Partner Program.
I'm a manager of many YT channels all but one of which has been recently kicked from the YPP on the grounds of Misleading Thumbnails. The content on the channels is narration-based information over stock audio/footage. I know that recently YT has been demonetizing channels without narration.

My question is, has anyone grounds to believe that YT favours facecam videos over narrated pieces, and has anyone experienced demonetization for having only narrated videos?

Thanks,
Joe!
My guess is it's because they are using stock audio and footage.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Thanks for replying. So you think YT favours facecam (or any other self-recorded footage) over paid-for royalty free footage?
I'm not sure if it's what they favor or not, but I think since it's stock footage, many other people are using the same and it (YouTube algorythm)probably detects it as duplicate videos (or something along those lines).
I could be wrong, though.

Reaction score
It favors original content.
Sure. But doesn't original narration and tight-nit production of royalty-free footage with copyright-cleared stock music constitute Original Content?
Or would the YPP reviewer see this as less original than a facecam and stock footage mix?

I guess my main question is:
Is YouTube demonetizing channels like TheRichest for their lack of identity (i.e. for being Clickbait)

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
" royalty-free footage with copyright-cleared stock music constitute Original Content "

That is not original content. Plenty of channels are not being monetized for that reason.

Reaction score
Really? Very valuable info! Do you know this first hand?
Thing is, I heard a rumour and am not sure what to believe.
Not sure if it's worth redoing all my videos, adding a facecam to avoid a strict YPP reviewer demonetizing the channel?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

I agree with the above posts. It's probably due to the stock footage and/or audio - YouTube sees it as "duplicate content" - ie their algorithms are seeing the same content all over Youtube and are getting rid of it. Do a search on here for "duplicate content" and you'll find similar cases. :)