Is this a good idea to grow my channel and gain new viewers?

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
How am I being confrontational? By asking for people to actually understand what exactly the idea is before they s**t all over it? How is that confrontational?

Here's a suggestion: Have you considered even the one-in-a-million possibility that maybe ... just maybe ... I'm not looking for either?

People tend to view things in binary extremes. If it's not one extreme, it necessarily is the other extreme. I made a reddit threat about this phenomenon a while back:

I even have had several people comment on my videos where they take the attitude of "well, you [Acerthorn] don't like dark souls, which pushes the 'hardcore gamer' mindset to ludicrous extremes, so the only logical conclusion is that you [Acerthorn] must be other extreme: The extreme archetype of a casual gamer who only plays casual trash for trashy casual." Here's a couple of screenshots to prove it.

Rather than "brutal" feedback, did it ever occur to you that I'm looking for good faith constructive criticism that is kept civil and professional while still not shying away from the potential flaws of the plan?

Like what Nicekid76 did in Response #13. Maybe, just maybe, I was just hoping for more of that kind of response? Maybe, just maybe, I was hoping for that to be the norm in this thread rather than the exception?

Did you ever think of that? Or are you simply incapable of considering anything in between the two extremes?
Sorry. But the name of the thread is ''Is this a good idea to grow my channel''. And the feedback you received was related to this. But you are clearly the most intelligent person on the forum. So I can't help you.
But dude, look inwards. You are falling into the same trap as you are claiming others to fall into. You are reading into our feedback as an extreme, and refuse to see anything constructive in it.

Anyway you have made this stew. Eat it or don't.

peace.

Reactions: Jack Decker