Is my channel name a handicap?

Zaff

I've Got It
Hi folks. I've been making PC gaming vids under the channel ZaffaroTV for a while, since Zaffaro has been my "internet personality" gaming name for over five years.

I believe this name might be holding me a bit back, since it's not exactly the easiest thing to remember, even though I try to use ZaffTV. It's probably easily forgotten and hard to spell or pronounce Zaffaro if you've just heard about it. The channel name also says nothing about the content. So, does "ZaffTV" sound better than "ZaffaroTV" and is either of them even any good for a channel's sake, you think?

However, there still are many great youtubers with not easily spelled or remembered names such as BlueXephos, JL2579, Veritasium.

Do anyone have any opinions/experience on how a not-so-very-easily-remembered channel name could influence a channel's success?

Last edited:
although it is true that having a weird name consisting of random numbers and letters wouldn't be easy to remember, your specific name isn't that hard to remember! Yours is fine :)

I personally would be fine to subscribe regardless on the easy pronounciation and such of the name. I guess in a way I would understand that it would be easier to spread a name that is easy to remember, but I think both are on par with each other in that respect.

Back