Is it worth it ?

rigpop

Yttalk Pokemon Expert
So guys in October Pokemon X and Y is coming out and I though that there will probobly be alot of Pokemon Fans that want to see an Walktrough of it befor they play it and that might give me some kind of one life time chance to get my channel out there and be the first one to do the walktrough.

But the thing is I don't have an 3DS and I though of instead of buying an new PC I woulde buy 3DS and Pokemon X and Y instead to make an walktrough on my channel for it. And I really want me channel to succes but is it worth it to pay like 2500Kr for all that ? :-/

Is 2500 Kr around 400$?? In my country, the 3ds costs around 140 € (which is like, 180 dollars).
Anyways, I think you should do it, there's a lot of pokémon fans out there, and the sooner you make a gameplay the better

As a big Pokemon Fan, i have to say:

It depends what kind of footage. There will be A LOT of big channels doing regular walkthroughs.

I would go for something unique, like instead of recording normal gameplay, be first to show some rare Shiny Pokemon encounter, Elite 4 Battle or Legendary Pokemon catching. That would make your channel explode.

Keep in mind that reviewers might get an advance copy and they will probably put up videos on the major networks (TGS etc...) as soon as they are allowed to, which could be Day 1. So you as a normal youtuber will be behind them already.

Then you'll have a ton of people that are hardcore and try to play through it all in one go and upload their videos first.

Even if you get your video out first, if another gamer with more subs releases a video, their video might overtake yours on the search if they get a ton of comments, likes and shares.

So if you are ok with all the above and still think it's worth the investment, go for it. I would purchase it to play just because I'm a fan of the series and own a 3Ds.

Back