Is it worth getting an intro?

Should I get an intro?

• Total voters

SDS

Hello,

I have recently restarted my YouTube channel, I got a banner and logo made but I'm not sure whether to get an intro. The thing is I haven't really got the money to pay for one and I don't want it to look tacky so is it worth it?

I personally don't think that an intro is necessary. I would go for an outro instead so that you can have links to your previous videos there. It can just be a screen with annotations, a subscribe button, and some music in the background.

Reactions: SDS
Hello,

I have recently restarted my YouTube channel, I got a banner and logo made but I'm not sure whether to get an intro. The thing is I haven't really got the money to pay for one and I don't want it to look tacky so is it worth it?
I think for your genre it probably is. I dunno, gaming channels just don't look very fancy without them, I think it sends a vibe of being "less epic" than other gaming channels. But gaming isn't even my main genre I like so I may be totally wrong lol

It's not exactly necessary, but if you're doing a series an intro always gives it a nice touch :) Not all intros are paid, you can make your own it's quite easy, when you make it on your own it gives it your style :D

I personally don't think that an intro is necessary. I would go for an outro instead so that you can have links to your previous videos there. It can just be a screen with annotations, a subscribe button, and some music in the background.

That's a good idea actually, I think I'll do that instead![DOUBLEPOST=1405201382,1405201263][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not exactly necessary, but if you're doing a series an intro always gives it a nice touch :) Not all intros are paid, you can make your own it's quite easy, when you make it on your own it gives it your style :D

I'm such a noob at that kind of thing I wouldn't really know where to start at trying to make an intro but I guess I'll look into it!

If you do choose to do that, I forgot to say to make sure that the music is royalty free (non-copyrighted) and it doesn't hurt to have a cool background while the annotations are on screen.

Reactions: SDS
If you do choose to do that, I forgot to say to make sure that the music is royalty free (non-copyrighted) and it doesn't hurt to have a cool background while the annotations are on screen.

Thanks for your help! :D

I can make you a professional grade outro - 1080p, non-copyrgiht music, etc..(but it will cost $$) Do you have a skype?

As said, outros are far more important, but an intro does have its benefits, yet it isn't necessary. I just put my name and slogan overlaying the video for the first five seconds of my video, fading in and out:
Snapshot_1_7_12_2014_4_51_PM.png

Back