Is it just me or has the content people are watching only based off peoples "looks"

AndrewProductionsTV

Director | FilmMaker | Ranter
Recently I've noticed a huge uprise in channels that aren't even the slightest bit entertaining and just a bunch of guys that are apparently hot... Like Nash Greer, Joey graceffa, Tyler oakly, Casper, and a LOT more! There's got to be at least over 50 channels now that have over a million subs and are famous for their looks. I'm sure if Nash Greer where hit in the face by a truck as a child he wouldn't be famous. Sounds harsh but it's true.. Well. Recently I received a comment that really p****d me off that read "haha your really funny dude, I would watch more of your videos but your not hot enough sorry." WTFFF! That pisses me off, not that someone doesn't think I'm hot or won't watch my videos.. But because people are close minded enough to base what they watch off of people looks!! Young girls (and boys) will literally absorb any content that is thrown at their face by these attractive youtubers.. All their videos are nothing but tag videos and q&a's. They require little hard work or skill.. Someone has got to agree with me, what are your opinions on these youtubers?[DOUBLEPOST=1395858570,1395858269][/DOUBLEPOST]I almost forgot.. The our2ndlife channel
 
Recently I've noticed a huge uprise in channels that aren't even the slightest bit entertaining and just a bunch of guys that are apparently hot... Like Nash Greer, Joey graceffa, Tyler oakly, Casper, and a LOT more! There's got to be at least over 50 channels now that have over a million subs and are famous for their looks. I'm sure if Nash Greer where hit in the face by a truck as a child he wouldn't be famous. Sounds harsh but it's true.. Well. Recently I received a comment that really p****d me off that read "haha your really funny dude, I would watch more of your videos but your not hot enough sorry." WTFFF! That pisses me off, not that someone doesn't think I'm hot or won't watch my videos.. But because people are close minded enough to base what they watch off of people looks!! Young girls (and boys) will literally absorb any content that is thrown at their face by these attractive youtubers.. All their videos are nothing but tag videos and q&a's. They require little hard work or skill.. Someone has got to agree with me, what are your opinions on these youtubers?[DOUBLEPOST=1395858570,1395858269][/DOUBLEPOST]I almost forgot.. The our2ndlife channel


Yeah I agree 100% there are a lot of big youtubers that don't make entertaining content in the slightest. It's just dare videos, Q&A videos and usually just generic videos that everyone has made like 'annoying things people do in the cinema' or 'on public transport'. They make no effort to be entertaining and yet their channels still grow and grow. I mostly watch smaller channels now who seem to be stuck at around 30k to 50k subscribers, as they put in so much effort making their videos, and also aren't afraid to express their actual opinions on things rather than just being clones and playing it safe.
 
LOL Nash. :P

Yeah, it sure seems like it. It's a simple fact though, looks sell, especially to those tween/teen girls who follow the mainstream hardcore. It does suck that some of these guys with very little talent are getting so many subs while other great creators are just pretty much being ignored.
 
Zesty Mike from @PressRecord and I were on YouNow about a year ago trying to get a spot on one of the channel there. While we waited in queue, we were just sitting there in this room filled with 300-400+ people who kept up-voting this kid sitting there, eating dinner, not even talking to anyone. It was so stupid, we ended up leaving.
 
Zesty Mike from @PressRecord and I were on YouNow about a year ago trying to get a spot on one of the channel there. While we waited in queue, we were just sitting there in this room filled with 300-400+ people who kept up-voting this kid sitting there, eating dinner, not even talking to anyone. It was so stupid, we ended up leaving.

Small trick for younow

if you put #TeamEngland in the chat and theres anyone who spends time trolling on younow, its basically a code for all the younow trolls to dislike at once, gets you on if someone is just sitting there on their phone doing f**k all
 
Back
Top