Is Anyone Afraid of Being A Youtube Success?

Although I can't imagine (yet) what you're going through, I do know that it will pass, you'll get a little more used to people coming and saying hi to you and whilst you may not like it so much, they do and just think of it as making their day :) If anyone starts being creepy or too friend-like for your liking, put a stop to it straight away

I definitely would like an active viewer base, but I'm definitely not ready to have something crazy, like, hundreds of thousands of people watching my videos. It would have to be something for me to build up to, not something that just gets thrown on my lap. That's part of the reason I'm totally fine with a gradual increase in subs. And I sure as hell don't expect to be noticed on the streets anytime soon. lol

I have been a Youtuber since 2007 and recently I have been getting about 5 subs a day. That's quite a lot and a few time I have been recognized on the street. The other day I got an email from a subscriber detailing how she always thinks of me and considers me to be her BFF even though we haven't met.

I really want the money that comes with being a superstar Youtuber but I don't know about the fame and recognition part. It kind of scares me that people I don't know desire to be close to me emotionally. I am open on my Youtube channel but in real life I am an extreme introvert, I never want to be noticed, don't like meeting new people, etc.

I love making my videos but I'm kind of scared to get more subscribers and fans. Right now I host a MeetUp group for my subscribers and it always feels weird that I meet people who know all about me and I don't even know their names or that they exist. Does anyone feel this way. It's kind of scary. I don't want to disappoint people who say they love me but I also don't want to compromise who I am- which is an introvert, happy to be alone.

Well true... but I mean... that's kinda what's to be expected when you're makin Youtube videos and putting them out there for the world to see. It's like Chris Evans being worried about people wanting autographs after they saw his Captain America videos. You kinda have to be prepared for that if you're gonna put yourself out there. Either that or just a voice, not a face. No face came for you.

I want the fame. I want the money. I want to be recognised when I walk down the street.

I just think that might be difficult since I only do commentaries ;)

It would be cool to have a big audience, but I don't really want to become a celebrity.

I don't know if anyone knows Enzo Knol, he's a popular Dutch YouTuber and he announced having a meeting with his fans 2 days before the meeting and he expected a few 200 people to show I think but ended up with over 4000 people.
There was no security or fences and he had to be taken away by the police for safety.

I definitely don't want something like that to happen to me.

It would be cool to have a big audience, but I don't really want to become a celebrity.

I don't know if anyone knows Enzo Knol, he's a popular Dutch YouTuber and he announced having a meeting with his fans 2 days before the meeting and he expected a few 200 people to show I think but ended up with over 4000 people.
There was no security or fences and he had to be taken away by the police for safety.

I definitely don't want something like that to happen to me.

OMG! Where did you read about this? I have to look it up!

I am but I'm more than happy to interact with my supporters via comments, social media, just online in general, in person I couldn't do it. Ironically my most important goal is building a community over money or fame. I'm not fooled by the illusion that 1 day people will figure out my identity, could be tomorrow, could be next year, could be in 100yrs even. When that time comes I'll figure out a way over the hurdle.

Just a little, but not a lot, i am kind of excited but at the same time there will be a lot of people that will dislike what i produce but on the other hand, ALOT more will like what i produce.

I am but I'm more than happy to interact with my supporters via comments, social media, just online in general, in person I couldn't do it. Ironically my most important goal is building a community over money or fame. I'm not fooled by the illusion that 1 day people will figure out my identity, could be tomorrow, could be next year, could be in 100yrs even. When that time comes I'll figure out a way over the hurdle.

Oh your subbies don't know who you are? Wow. Why did you come up with that plan? I started when no one cared or watched and I didn't think to hide my identity because no one was watching! I was making videos for myself for YEARS!

Back