Intros? Windows Movie Maker

Bross15

I'm currently using windows movie maker to edit my videos and Photoshop for pictures, etc. I made my own banner and use a it and and outro picture for my intro and outro. My question is, can someone point me to a tutorial on how to make a video-ish intro for my channel? Thanks.

Well for most cases, I would recommend making your own. Adobe After Effects is a great tool for making your own intros. There's a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it you can shoot intros/outros out like a pro.

There is no definitive starting point. Though I would recommend looking up "How to make a 2D intro" or things of the sorts. Most of the videos you find (as long as they're using after effects) are going to teach you something about the program. So it's nice to watch in bulk and learn as you go!

As for After Effects, it is a program you have to pay for. Unless you're already paying for Adobe's dream suite (I think that's what they call it?) you're going to have to pay a bit to make it. Though that's how things have to be :p Got's to put in time, money, and effort for quality.

I hope I helped!

I don't think Movie Maker is very good for intro making. Something that's pretty easy to do if you want a professional intro is to download the free trial of After Effects (or buy it, it's a great program) and then there are a lot of free templates made by professional designers where all you have to do is load the template through After Effects and replace the text with your own. It can be done in less than 5 minutes if you don't include the time it takes to render. The downside to this is that someone else may be using the same intro as you because they decided to use the same template. Hope this was helpful!

I'm a bit late but search the web for Adobe CS2 giveaway. You aren't really supposed to but you can get free downloads of old (2004 :p) adobe software legally.

Use something other then movie maker if you can. Thats the primary example why I'm building a new computer next week because my old craptop cant handle anything but movie maker.

I used Adobe After Effects to create my intro AND outro, use that, its the best advise I can give you. After that, you can easily find template and tutorials online. Just do it like that, and you'll see, you'll get your hands on a beautiful intro and outro!

Back