IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT YOUTUBE COPYRIGHT CONTENT

chris uchi

Reaction score
Please guys, am writing to get possible clarification for my youtube channel

I have a channel i just created, so i will be making videos, the plan is to upload daily, and the videos would be sharing some tips on how to stay healthier. But you know that to achieve this, i need to source contents, daily too, so i wish to know, do i have the right to use other peoples site contents in my videos?, but under description will acknowledge them or link the health site i got the info from

Please, kindly clarify if I can use other sites contents, perhaps edited, or don't have right to use good health contents seen in other websites. or possible recommendation or reference where i can source contents from a royalty free site

you know, am asking this just to be compliant, i guess it would be a pain in the a** to wake up one day and see my account suspended, JUST DOING MY DUE DILIGENCE!

Possible responses will be appreciated!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello, and welcome to YTtalk. ^_^ I've moved your thread to the copyright discussion forum. :)

Reactions: chris uchi

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use other people's content as long as you credit them in the video or the description.

Reactions: chris uchi

Musalmaniac

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
yeah What TN7 said, pretty sure as long as you dont steal information youll be fine :)

chris uchi

Reaction score
yeah What TN7 said, pretty sure as long as you dont steal information youll be fine :)
Hello, thanks for replying my thread

Pleae, How do you mean as long as you dont steal information?

My plan is to use some of their contents or information found on their website and then credit them, is this considered stealing too?

chris uchi

Reaction score
Yes, because information and ideas aren't copyrighted. There is no legal need to site your sources, but it helps with credibility.
ok, thank you so much for the reply

ok let put this concern into a practical example

let's say I found some useful information on this authority site: msn, their health section, and the topic is about "10 Healthy Reasons to Start Squeezing Lemons"

Now, let say i made a video about the above topic, then acknowledge them or cite the site where i got the info from, is it considered stealing? am i allowed to do this?

just asking to ensure i do the right thing while mastering youtube marketing and giving cool contents to my audience

please reply

Musalmaniac

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
well yeah i just meant don't pass things off as your own if they aren't that's all.
not that i'm implying you would i was just outlining, if you credit i'm sure you'll be fine :)

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
ok, thank you so much for the reply

ok let put this concern into a practical example

let's say I found some useful information on this authority site: msn, their health section, and the topic is about "10 Healthy Reasons to Start Squeezing Lemons"

Now, let say i made a video about the above topic, then acknowledge them or cite the site where i got the info from, is it considered stealing? am i allowed to do this?

just asking to ensure i do the right thing while mastering youtube marketing and giving cool contents to my audience

please reply
You might need to worry if you are showing screenshots of the sites or reading them word-for-word, but if you are just relaying information that you got from somewhere else, there is nothing copyrighted. Where do you think those sites got their info from? There may be some law unrelated to copyright that says you need to cite your source to avoid plagiarism or something, but I'm not well-read up on that.

chris uchi

Reaction score
You might need to worry if you are showing screenshots of the sites or reading them word-for-word, but if you are just relaying information that you got from somewhere else, there is nothing copyrighted. Where do you think those sites got their info from? There may be some law unrelated to copyright that says you need to cite your source to avoid plagiarism or something, but I'm not well-read up on that.

no sir, i plan to edit the info a bit, but i wont use their images or sites, am good to go right?