I'm a little worried.....

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey everyone,
I've had my channel for a couple of months now with 17 videos and have over 130 suscribers! I have to say though, at this point I am worried about losing some of them, because of the amount of time in between each video I post.
First off, I'm a mother of 3 children under the age of 6! Also I have been waiting to get a new computer, which I will be getting on Saturday (so excited about that). I plan on making real videos with higher quality, but it takes time to write/record/upload new videos. So it could be like 2 or 3 weeks in between each post.
Do you guys think that this is too long of a wait in between? I really don't want to disappoint my fans! I am not sure what I could do in between songs....I want to keep my channel mainly just about music, so I don't know what I could talk about! I don't know! What do you guys think??

Seuss

The original mouse.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think WhatTheBuck said it best:
Make your audience wait and they will eat up every video you release. Spam them with constant uploads, and they will just get sick and leave.

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Th
I think WhatTheBuck said it best:
Make your audience wait and they will eat up every video you release. Spam them with constant uploads, and they will just get sick and leave.
That's a good way of putting it! I'm watching your restored video now lol, it's good :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could do vlogs in between so say a vlog every two weeks and a relevant video every three weeks, talk about the upcoming video and what it will be about etc

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey everyone,
I've had my channel for a couple of months now with 17 videos and have over 130 suscribers! I have to say though, at this point I am worried about losing some of them, because of the amount of time in between each video I post.
First off, I'm a mother of 3 children under the age of 6! Also I have been waiting to get a new computer, which I will be getting on Saturday (so excited about that). I plan on making real videos with higher quality, but it takes time to write/record/upload new videos. So it could be like 2 or 3 weeks in between each post.
Do you guys think that this is too long of a wait in between? I really don't want to disappoint my fans! I am not sure what I could do in between songs....I want to keep my channel mainly just about music, so I don't know what I could talk about! I don't know! What do you guys think??
you are writing,recording,uploading a single song 2-3 weeks?Thats too much....i write a song and record it in 5 days and upload it on seventh...:D

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
you are writing,recording,uploading a single song 2-3 weeks?Thats too much....i write a song and record it in 5 days and upload it on seventh...:D
True, it is a long time. I havn't gotten my computer yet so I'm not sure exactly how long it is going to be before uploading again, I am estimating that it will take a couple of weeks to complete a song and make a video. Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully there won't be such a long waiting period in between each session. I guess I won't know for sure until I get my equipment and actually start making the videos lol
--- merged: Mar 30, 2012 3:47 PM ---
You could do vlogs in between so say a vlog every two weeks and a relevant video every three weeks, talk about the upcoming video and what it will be about etc
That's a good idea, I will definetly think about doing that. I just can't wait to get my equipment and start making songs and videos so I can see how long it's actually going to take!

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
you are writing,recording,uploading a single song 2-3 weeks?Thats too much....
Not really. Everybody works differently and I think you should focus on releasing the best material you can instead of releasing it as quick as possible - the people will come if what you're releasing is actually good.

I agree some vlogs in between could help if you feel like you aren't growing because you aren't uploading that frequently.

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

Korifaeus

Banned
Reaction score
I'm new to youtube, the internet and can't officially make any educated suggestions. But i've just listened to two songs of yours, the one that's playing and "Window Pane."
There is a reason why you have so many subscribers, and i believe they subscribed to your channel so they can listen over and over again to your music. You have a lovely voice, the music is quite soothing, but most importantly you have "unusual" and incredibly touching " chord changes".
If i may make a suggestion, think about recording artists; they don't come out with a new single or album every few weeks. Those who enjoy your music are patient to continue listening to "quality" music, not "quantity". ;)

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

Kath

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm new to youtube, the internet and can't officially make any educated suggestions. But i've just listened to two songs of yours, the one that's playing and "Window Pane."
There is a reason why you have so many subscribers, and i believe they subscribed to your channel so they can listen over and over again to your music. You have a lovely voice, the music is quite soothing, but most importantly you have "unusual" and incredibly touching " chord changes".
If i may make a suggestion, think about recording artists; they don't come out with a new single or album every few weeks. Those who enjoy your music are patient to continue listening to "quality" music, not "quantity". ;)
Wow, thank you so much! What a wonderful compliment, really I appreciate it!
--- merged: Mar 31, 2012 2:37 AM ---
Not really. Everybody works differently and I think you should focus on releasing the best material you can instead of releasing it as quick as possible - the people will come if what you're releasing is actually good.

I agree some vlogs in between could help if you feel like you aren't growing because you aren't uploading that frequently.
Thanks! What you said makes total sense. That is very true, everyone works differently!

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what can anyone add after that?

A small vlog now and then to say hi is cool to add once on a while. Perhaps a bulletin just to say" hey still here love you guys for staying subbed more to come soon, etc..."

Ppl will stay subbed. If they don't phooey on them! ;)