If you only had one growth technique. What channel technique did you feel launch your channel?

Noidz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Like the title says. What technique did you feel was the most important in launching your channel. If applicable could you provide example of a before and after. :D

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Without a doubt, the most important thing that helped me grow was to connect with my niche community both on YouTube and off. Find your niche audience on other social media like Facebook, Instagram or Reddit and become active there. Before you even DARE mention a single YouTube video on your channel, spend a few months interacting and engaging with that community in real and genuine ways. Make posts, ask pertinent questions, comment and participate in the online discussion that’s ALREADY taking place within your niche community. Then and only then, carefully start to promote your videos within that community across the various social media platforms.

I truly believe this one tip is the reason my channel has grown the way it has. The posts I made when I started to promote my videos in the community were met with much more interest, because I was sincere in my connection to my niche community. I was met with open arms instead of hostility and indifference. I wasn’t just a “spammer” - I had a post history and had made some genuine friends that helped cross-promote.

Lastly, using this method is also a fantastic way to understand what your niche community is looking for, allowing you to make videos that will instantly appeal to the community.

MattKelly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I only have 500 subs rn, but I feel as though various forums, Reddit and Twitter have helped me tremendously. Hopefully they will help me reach the big 1k.

Reactions: Noidz

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Without a doubt, the most important thing that helped me grow was to connect with my niche community both on YouTube and off. Find your niche audience on other social media like Facebook, Instagram or Reddit and become active there. Before you even DARE mention a single YouTube video on your channel, spend a few months interacting and engaging with that community in real and genuine ways. Make posts, ask pertinent questions, comment and participate in the online discussion that’s ALREADY taking place within your niche community. Then and only then, carefully start to promote your videos within that community across the various social media platforms.

I truly believe this one tip is the reason my channel has grown the way it has. The posts I made when I started to promote my videos in the community were met with much more interest, because I was sincere in my connection to my niche community. I was met with open arms instead of hostility and indifference. I wasn’t just a “spammer” - I had a post history and had made some genuine friends that helped cross-promote.

Lastly, using this method is also a fantastic way to understand what your niche community is looking for, allowing you to make videos that will instantly appeal to the community.
Thanks so much for writing this! I’m just now starting to try and expand to different social media forms for my channel and needed this reminder to not just jump in and be a “spammer”. Definitely great advice

Noidz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Wow thats a great way to look at it. I agree spammers are usually the downside of forums/groups that destroy the forum legitimacy. I'll definitely will use this advice in future groups that I join :)!

Reaction score
I used to target games that I like playing, the. Non competitive keywords for games that had old videos. Now I have chosen a niche and stuck with it. My subs don’t grow massively, but the ones that do come I know are looking specifically for my niche, so I would say that the biggest thing I have that “propelled” my channel, in to the people that I want to find my videos and channel, is picking a niche, sticking with it, then targeting keywords around my niche.