Ideas on best camera...

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I would suggest either Sony A6100 or A6600 depending on budget. But at first try finding a ring light & do another video with iPhone, maybe the light will make a big enough difference, I have no experience with ring lights so can't suggest one.
If you never used a camera before then getting one of these might feel intimidating at first (I remember my first experiences :eeks:) lots of settings to keep track of, thankfully there are a lot of YouTube guides on how to use them, very capable cameras.

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
voteforthegirls.avazinn.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would suggest either Sony A6100 or A6600 depending on budget. But at first try finding a ring light & do another video with iPhone, maybe the light will make a big enough difference, I have no experience with ring lights so can't suggest one.
If you never used a camera before then getting one of these might feel intimidating at first (I remember my first experiences :eeks:) lots of settings to keep track of, thankfully there are a lot of YouTube guides on how to use them, very capable cameras.
Just checked the Sony cameras and they are deal-breakers.

Also checked ring lights, and they don't seem like dealbreakers. The Only problem is finding one that meets my needs.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually phone camera's are not a terrible thing.

Changing over to a camera is something more of an enigma than improvement. My pixel 3xl is outstanding with its camera and video. I would use that over a lot of the video camera's or even mirrorless / SLR's out there.

I caught a killer deal on a Canon M6 Mark II ($750 - usually $1100) and that is an improvement over my pixel. But unless you want to drop bank on a camera, your iPhone will work just fine.

I've had a few ring lights, and not to be generic but... they all worked about the same. Had diffent settings, different light levels. The one I use now was a $30 dollar special on amazon. Though I use it to diffuse shadows on my green screen, I have never seen a big difference in that kind of lighting.

• Love
Reactions: voteforthegirls

voteforthegirls

Ava Zinn
Reaction score
Website
voteforthegirls.avazinn.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just bought a ring light or two.

As far as camera goes, I’m going to go off topic since this is irrelevant yet helpful—I’m going to try to record Zoom meetings (should help some).

However, there are some cameras under $200-300 that I could use. Though I’ve used some cameras that often have videos out of sync.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One last thing. BEWARE of the cheap 4K camera. These camera's will give you the 2160px SIZE but not the quality. It only pushes the image to a certain size so they can claim it is 4k, when in truth it is 1080 pushed to 4K upon capture and that... is never a good thing.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looking into those cameras at this time
have no clue about camcorders, watch some reviews, see if you can find a comparison between 1 of these & a cellphone, quality should be better but I won't be surprised if cellphone looks too similar. Quickly looked into this & here is literally the first video I clicked