I want a fresh start... but I need more opinions!

Benedikt Brunner

YTtalk Mad
Hello.
I have had my channel since 5 months now and I feel I have not been trying hard enough / wasted too much time testing stuff.
If you look at my channel and u go back a bit you will find bad and weird videos like " Fraps test " or some stupid Team Fortress 2 moments....
But when I started uploading the jacksepticeye fan-animations I started getting quite a lot of views and my fans liked it. It went so far that one of them ' donated ' a 60 - 100 dollar to item to me ( I haven't even told them that they can donate ).
That was all good and fine but then my Pc broke and the earliest I get the money to buy a new pc is in may and the earliest I can get it to work is in June /July (building it myself).
That means I'm wasting the time from the end of December to the end of may = about 5-6 months!!!
That's a really big time I can't upload anything but let's play which I can make from my phone ( newest video on my channel... it's bad. Don't watch. Just example ).
In the meanwhile I had a lot of time watching other people's YouTube channels and I have seen some which got 12000 subs in the 5 months I mad 43 subs. I really don't care about numbers and I'm happy for what I have and I'm so proud that 43 real people are watching me but that really shows how less I've been giving my best and trying to put all the time into those videos which they certainly need and which they have earned.I just kinda want all the counters reset and a fresh start but at the same time I don't wanna loose my few fans and the videos I've worked on ( some I've really tried to give it my best shot. For example the the birthday video )Also my channel was supposed to be all about the game Team fortress 2 with 50 % Game play ,commentary, montages usw 30 % Animations (since I can't make them as quickly as game play. ) and 20% other games. But I missed that completely. I have 2 animations . A few the videos and a lot of other games... So after thinking about the problem I've come to some possible solutions. If you have more just tell me them.
1.making a video / vlog which will mark as the official start of the channel / the start where I will try to give every future video my best shot.
2.starting a new channel
3. Just start making the good videos and live with the wasted time ( I hate this solution )


IF U HAVE MORE SOLUTION PLEASE TELL ME...
Well I hope you guys can help me..
Bye
 
I would probably go with a mix between 1 and 3 :) Make a video marking the new beginning, and go unlist or delete the content of old which you feel is too bad for the new regime ;) Something like that :P
 
I would probably go with a mix between 1 and 3 :) Make a video marking the new beginning, and go unlist or delete the content of old which you feel is too bad for the new regime ;) Something like that [emoji14]
Thanks! That got me to a new idea. How about making a 2nd channel where I re-upload the bad stuff so it isn't lost but gone out of the good channel
 
Thanks! That got me to a new idea. How about making a 2nd channel where I re-upload the bad stuff so it isn't lost but gone out of the good channel
Well why would you want to re-upload it if it is bad? :P If you want to keep it, but not 'display' it, then why not unlist it, but put it in a playlist? This way it is still available through this playlist, but it will not show with your other videos :)
 
That situation sounds like a real downer for you. I think you should probably either let your viewers know of your situation and continue making "Let's Play" videos for them to have something to watch or you can always just keep that channel and make a new one and let the viewers from your old channel know that you've changed channels. You can always make your old channel just gaming or just daily vlogs and then on your new channel make it what your main focus is on. Best of luck with your decision!
 
Well why would you want to re-upload it if it is bad? [emoji14] If you want to keep it, but not 'display' it, then why not unlist it, but put it in a playlist? This way it is still available through this playlist, but it will not show with your other videos :)
Well I want them to show the bad side of my channel too. And making a 2nd channel and calling it Moustachespy bad moments or something like that will make them still avaliable ,for those who want to see them but separate them from the main channel...
Well
...
Just un-listing them would of course be easier... and probably nobody would want to watch them...
Maybe we can get more opportunities of the whole thing?
well... maybe you are right.. I gotta think about it.
 
Well I want them to show the bad side of my channel too. And making a 2nd channel and calling it Moustachespy bad moments or something like that will make them still avaliable ,for those who want to see them but separate them from the main channel...
Well
...
Just un-listing them would of course be easier... and probably nobody would want to watch them...
Maybe we can get more opportunities of the whole thing?
well... maybe you are right.. I gotta think about it.
That's why you would put them in a playlist :) Then they can still watch it if they want to ;) No reason to make a whole channel around it :P
 
That situation sounds like a real downer for you. I think you should probably either let your viewers know of your situation and continue making "Let's Play" videos for them to have something to watch or you can always just keep that channel and make a new one and let the viewers from your old channel know that you've changed channels. You can always make your old channel just gaming or just daily vlogs and then on your new channel make it what your main focus is on. Best of luck with your decision!
Well I decided not to make a new channel. And of I do only to put the old and bad ones onto it. A reason why I don't want to make a new one is ... the name.. it took me ages to come up with it and I can't just change it again.... I wanted to but in another thread everybody said that they liked it and I shouldn't. . Anyways I'm going off topic. What do you think of the idea me and my friend ( sorry I can't look up his name cut using tapatalk on the phone )
 
That's why you would put them in a playlist :) Then they can still watch it if they want to ;) No reason to make a whole channel around it [emoji14]
Yes there is. Because they would still be on my main channel and that wouldn't make it a fresh start. I just want to get them out of my main channel... either completely or on another channel...
 
Yes there is. Because they would still be on my main channel and that wouldn't make it a fresh start. I just want to get them out of my main channel... either completely or on another channel...
But if you create another channel to hold them, and point to that, then you are making that channel part of your channel as well? I guess we have a different view of things :) Do what you feel best doing, you got my two cent now ^^
 
Back
Top