I really don't understand why you guys apply for networks/partnerships

If you wanna take the risk of being click bombed be my guest. To me its not worth it. I'm not in it for the money, yet. Even tho I just made some yt money recently. I like the support and the perks among other things. I'm alot more happy now than I was before I joined fullscreen, soooooo...
 
If you wanna take the risk of being click bombed be my guest. To me its not worth it. I'm not in it for the money, yet. Even tho I just made some yt money recently. I like the support and the perks among other things. I'm alot more happy now than I was before I joined fullscreen, soooooo...


I have read that YouTube is working on the clickbombing problem, and they either have and/or working on program to check clicks and not allow the problem to continue. Apparently there have been much less reports of click bombs, and once the system is even better, a network won't be truly needed to stop click bombs.
 
I have read that YouTube is working on the clickbombing problem, and they either have and/or working on program to check clicks and not allow the problem to continue. Apparently there have been much less reports of click bombs, and once the system is even better, a network won't be truly needed to stop click bombs.

Lol I couldn't read that without laughing. I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
 
Lol I couldn't read that without laughing. Yeah, I'm gonna take youtubes word on that.


Well, I don't see the comedic value in that. Anyways, if fewer people are reporting click bombing problems, what would be the reasoning other than YouTube is living up to what they have said?

I don't think click bombers just ran away, and I don't think they can silence people from talking about Click bombs... so... I'm going to say it is more likely that they are telling the truth.
 
Well, I don't see the comedic value in that. Anyways, if fewer people are reporting click bombing problems, what would be the reasoning other than YouTube is living up to what they have said?

I don't think click bombers just ran away, and I don't think they can silence people from talking about Click bombs... so... I'm going to say it is more likely that they are telling the truth.

Where are you getting the "fewer people reporting clickbombing" story from? Even if that's true that could be because more people are joining networks. Either way, not worth the risk to me. I'm happy with my network.
 
Well, I don't see the comedic value in that. Anyways, if fewer people are reporting click bombing problems, what would be the reasoning other than YouTube is living up to what they have said?

I don't think click bombers just ran away, and I don't think they can silence people from talking about Click bombs... so... I'm going to say it is more likely that they are telling the truth.

Didn't they make it so you have to watch longer for it to count as a view?
 
Didn't they make it so you have to watch longer for it to count as a view?

Click bombing is on people's ads so YouTube suspects that they are botting / cheating ad clicks for free money. Not botted views, although I have heard that the view count length has been extended.

I cannot find where I read the article, whether it was here on YTTalk or somewhere else, but they can monitor IP's of ad clickers to see if it is an attack or a cheater. It is not overly complicated.

Your IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Millions of ad clicks from : yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

You aren't cheating, and they will just ignore all clicks from that address.
 
Oh I agree 100%. But tucked away are some little gems for those who bother to search properly, as we're always requested we do before making a new topic.

Plus there is a rebuild of the forum mechanics going on (there's a beta test of a whole new dashboard/platform on at the moment). Whether or not that deals with the rampant promotion issues I don't know, some proper mod intervention is supposedly forthcoming so the forums could end up being a worthwhile spot.
 
Being an animator you can imagine how tough it must be to get sound effects, most websites charge an arm an a leg for sound effects so I partnered with Fullscreen for their Audio Library which is fantastic. That's why I partnered.
 
Back
Top