I Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetPanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been doing YouTube for almost a year now and I really want to stick at it, but I keep on getting dislikes and dislike botted which really demotivates me in real life too. I'm pretty young so I'm afraid this may be effecting my mental state too.
I don't know what to do. Please leave your suggestions!

What really upsets me is that a friend I met online did send hate to me and didn't do anything to help, because he wanted to be *professional*...

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry to hear you're having problems!
Most people here will tell you to ignore the haters and continue doing what you love. I agree.
I see you've taken the like/dislike counts off public, good choice. This should discourage the haters.
Feel free to hide comments as well, they don't really help with anything.
Kids can be mean, jealous, s**t stirrers. We get many hate comments and large dislike ratio every day.
It's just immaturity and jealousy and boasting, like peacocks spreading their feathers - look at me how cool I am I can swear online woopseedoo.
You're still young so impressionable. Try not to let it get to you and focus on the positives in your life.
When you get older you see a lot of this stuff don't matter at all, all that matters is to be true to yourself and do what you want to do. Worry and think less (like almost zero) about others and their opinions, and do what you love.

PlanetPanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry to hear you're having problems!
Most people here will tell you to ignore the haters and continue doing what you love. I agree.
I see you've taken the like/dislike counts off public, good choice. This should discourage the haters.
Feel free to hide comments as well, they don't really help with anything.
Kids can be mean, jealous, s**t stirrers. We get many hate comments and large dislike ratio every day.
It's just immaturity and jealousy and boasting, like peacocks spreading their feathers - look at me how cool I am I can swear online woopseedoo.
You're still young so impressionable. Try not to let it get to you and focus on the positives in your life.
When you get older you see a lot of this stuff don't matter at all, all that matters is to be true to yourself and do what you want to do. Worry and think less (like almost zero) about others and their opinions, and do what you love.
Holy crap! I never expected a response from someone that big on YouTube :D
Thank you so much for the kind words and I know that others opinions can effect me if I let them get to me, but sometimes its hard to not think about it :p
I really appreciate your response. Hope you have the best of luck too and stay strong and positive ^.^

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Buddy you have over 600 subs, and are wicked young with a bright youtube life ahead of you. Having over 600 subs is a major accomplishment and getting dislikes dont mean a thing. Hiding your like and dislike feature was a good idea, and i read some of your comments, and you have a lot more people saying they love your work than negative comments. Ignore the haters, because at the end of the day they are just miserable people and unhappy with aspects of their life so they try to bring others down. I really wouldnt take their mean comments and dislikes to heart.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The main thing about YouTube is that, for most of us, it's going to be on the level of hobby. So if it's something that's not making you happy, and bringing stress into your life, think about how you can make it something that will make you happy.

Turning off the "Like" and "Dislike" counters on videos seems to discourage people from disliking videos as much. I've seen a good number of creators take this step if they have people actively going after them with dislikes, so maybe that's a strategy for you.

Remember that a stranger's opinion of you where they can say anything they want is completely irrelevant to you as a person. It can be tough, but always make sure to be careful about paying too much attention to comments.

PlanetPanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The main thing about YouTube is that, for most of us, it's going to be on the level of hobby. So if it's something that's not making you happy, and bringing stress into your life, think about how you can make it something that will make you happy.

Turning off the "Like" and "Dislike" counters on videos seems to discourage people from disliking videos as much. I've seen a good number of creators take this step if they have people actively going after them with dislikes, so maybe that's a strategy for you.

Remember that a stranger's opinion of you where they can say anything they want is completely irrelevant to you as a person. It can be tough, but always make sure to be careful about paying too much attention to comments.
Thanks :) But the hate may be coming from an online friend that I used to hang around with a lot and now all he wants me for is free GFX and to get him to grow rather than have fun in videos :p Which sucks.

Still thank you for the kind words and feedback. I do enjoy making videos and recently the type of video I make (Minecraft) is starting to get boring so I think that I may switch to making gaming videos in general ^.^

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, at the end of the day (I learned this early on), just do what you want to do on YouTube. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you went onto YouTube to do - which is create content. If you enjoy it and it is what you want to do, pay no need to trolls or haters.
Constructive criticism is good. People disliking/hating on you is not. Just learn to differentiate the two and keep on going forward. They want you to fail, don't let them get what they want.

Reactions: PlanetPanda

FearTheReaper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been doing YouTube for almost a year now and I really want to stick at it, but I keep on getting dislikes and dislike botted which really demotivates me in real life too. I'm pretty young so I'm afraid this may be effecting my mental state too.
I don't know what to do. Please leave your suggestions!

What really upsets me is that a friend I met online did send hate to me and didn't do anything to help, because he wanted to be *professional*...
Sorry to hear that, but you'll be surprised to know that this happens to almost everyone at some point in time. It even happened to me a year ago. It usually lasts a period of time and then dies off. That's exactly what happened to me. I was getting quite a bit of dislikes on my videos for a few weeks straight and eventually they declined. Over time they became no existent. Not to say I didn't get dislikes on my video anymore, but they were FAR less then when I was getting botted during those few weeks. Don't let something like this get to you. Just keep giving it your absolute best and over time the likes will overpower the dislikes. If you do have haters they will eventually get bored and move on. That happens to be the case for most people. Best of luck!

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's much harder to ignore resentful comments when you're younger. I think everyone that has gone through the teenager phases will know that. Even with that said, you need to learn to ignore these comments. Their only goal is to make you feel bad in order to make themselves feel better. It's a way for them to make up for their own incompetency. Remember, you're creating something that you love and care about. Don't let people that don't even know you in a personal level to ever deter you from doing what you enjoy. Had I quit early in my YT path because people kept saying how wrong I was, then I wouldn't be as happy as I am with my channel today.
Also, knowing that you're starting off on YT at such a young age is already a huge win. I can guarantee that most people here wish we started YT much earlier than we did. All you have to do now is keep getting better and don't stop. And most definitely do not let the haters make you do anything you don't want to do.

PlanetPanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, at the end of the day (I learned this early on), just do what you want to do on YouTube. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you went onto YouTube to do - which is create content. If you enjoy it and it is what you want to do, pay no need to trolls or haters.
Constructive criticism is good. People disliking/hating on you is not. Just learn to differentiate the two and keep on going forward. They want you to fail, don't let them get what they want.
Thanks! I do know the difference between hate and criticism and know that "kill urself" is hate and "work on this" is not. Pretty fine line between the two :)

And the comments aren't even getting to me but they get annoying and the fact you can't remove the people from your channel entirely does suck ;)
Oh well, thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1475563074,1475562587][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's much harder to ignore resentful comments when you're younger. I think everyone that has gone through the teenager phases will know that. Even with that said, you need to learn to ignore these comments. Their only goal is to make you feel bad in order to make themselves feel better. It's a way for them to make up for their own incompetency. Remember, you're creating something that you love and care about. Don't let people that don't even know you in a personal level to ever deter you from doing what you enjoy. Had I quit early in my YT path because people kept saying how wrong I was, then I wouldn't be as happy as I am with my channel today.
Also, knowing that you're starting off on YT at such a young age is already a huge win. I can guarantee that most people here wish we started YT much earlier than we did. All you have to do now is keep getting better and don't stop. And most definitely do not let the haters make you do anything you don't want to do.
Thank you so much!
I didn't realise how many larger scale content creators would reply to this!
I'm certainly taking your advice as it looks like it has gotten you far and you have succeeded in getting rid of constant haters :)
I really do thank everyone who has replied to me! I really do! I wish to do YouTube and hopefully one day I can say goodbye to constant hate :D

Reactions: iGM
Status
Not open for further replies.