I just got a copyright strike....

MegaBoringGuy

Biggest Painted On Muscles You've Ever Seen, Baby
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Strikes take 6 months to go away.[DOUBLEPOST=1391106925,1391106863][/DOUBLEPOST]

Managed get a pass on the upcoming affiliate review system which isn't in place yet. ContentID is still active regardless of managed/affiliate status.
I mean after filing a dozen counter notifications that keep coming back to me, then it finally stays gone.

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Dude WB are like THE biggest entertainment studio, messing with them isn't wise. But, they do have a form you can fill out if you want to post gaming vids. I think, THINK I found it once doing some googling, I saw the form and was like "nope", too complicated.

Have you got a link for this please ?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Have you got a link for this please ?
Unfortunately no, I had to do some digging. You'll have to Google around to find a way to contact them. Otherwise get your network to do it for you. That should really be their job but either way they should be able to find the info quicker.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Unfortunately no, I had to do some digging. You'll have to Google around to find a way to contact them. Otherwise get your network to do it for you. That should really be their job but either way they should be able to find the info quicker.
Why would that be the networks job? Their job is to serve ads. The channel's job is to conform to copyright law and YouTube policy.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Why would that be the networks job? Their job is to serve ads. The channel's job is to conform to copyright law and YouTube policy.
I'm refering to the support that a network is meant to provide. It would be in the networks best interests to help a channel secure the permissions if said channel is attempting a playthrough of Batman, which would result in more money for the network. This is of course if all else fails but with WB, they're a little difficult if someone's not careful, like I said I had to do a bit of digging to find the form (tbh, I'm not entirely sure it was 100% the right form, it was really confusing but related to what I needed). Yes it's originally the channel who has to check copyrights (which I still don't understand why some people don't), but if he needs permissions that are a struggle to get, then his network should provide that kind of support to help their partners get these permissions, e.g. if they know a way to contact WB that the partner doesn't. This ensures extra revenue for the network & no copyright strikes (if there wasn't already). He's going to need the copyright strike sorted anyways, so they may as well help him with permissions. I would personally drop a network or not bother applying to 1 if they wouldn't at least help with that kind of thing. I'm a little more competent when finding some copyright permissions or terms so I wouldn't always be asking a network for that, but I know some developers/publishers can be difficult, some have information, some don't. I would also point out that if they couldn't get permissions for certain games it would hinder the content creator a lot. I can't even post Batman Origins without a million different content ID claims, and I didn't even want to monetise the damn thing, so I'd ask a network to help me get permissions just to post the footage. Since this guy is having difficulties, he should contact his network for them to either sort it out or help sort it out.

AngelSnes

Let's Player!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dang sorry to hear you got a copyright strike, as everyone else has said, Warner Brothers are known for being unreasonable both when it comes to their disgusting business practises and their games rights. I wouldn't go near this corrupt company or anything they churn out with a barge pole!

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My network made a great work and contacted a WB representative, he was very nice, comprehensive and released the strikes 10 days ago. Just to keep you informed.

AngelSnes

Let's Player!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's brilliant news! I'm glad your network were able to resolve the copyright strike, this is really good, maybe their games are touchable after all!