I just don't know what to do.

TheRunfast4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I have been doing Youtube for a little over a year now and i have had little to no growth.
I understand growth can be slow on Youtube. I don't expect 1000 or even 100 Subs by this point but still
I feel like I should have grown more than I have.

I don't want to be one of those guys that blame the Youtube Algorithm for all my problems. However
I think it has a lot to do with it. This is discouraging because I don't know how to overcome that obstacle
without being clickbaity and scummy.

Another problem I have is no exposure from other creators. I understand that larger creators get asked a lot
about shout outs and collabs. So how do I find someone that can help me show them I am worth it and help
them in return. I am not even talking about the 5000+ sub range I'm talking more like the Less than 1000 sub range.

I love making videos and I know they are not perfect or any where near but how do I get support?

AngelAttack

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think if you want to get noticed, you should work on your channel art, 'cause people are more likely to click on videos with eye-catching thumbnails than unprofessional ones. If you don't know how to do that, there are many tutorials you can check out.

As for exposure/support, I'd say be active on YTbers' channels so theyhave a chance to notice you, but not like "nice vid, i create videos too, check out my channel" or be active on forums like this one.
Also, don't ask large creators for collabs, 'cause they probably won't collab with you -no offence here-
I'd say look for YouTubers with similar amounts of subscribers to you so you can both benefit from it.
Hope I helped, g'luck!

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Just through a 30 second scan of your channel, I would suggest you work on:
- Your thumbnails
- Coming up with good titles that people will actually search for
- Research good tags, and fill up all the space possible
- Writing descriptions atleast 200-400 words long that use these tags
These are all basics that are a must.

Then you gotta learn how promote

TheRunfast4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Thank you everyone for the advice I will work on my channel using your tips.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique Advice forum. ^_^

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Blaming the algorithms is an easy excuse in my opinion... look at your channel compared to popular channels. What are they doing? What are they not doing? Learn from them as much as you can they are up there for a reason.

Reactions: Crown

TheRunfast4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Thanks for the advice GBeeTV. However you have to admit the algorithm practically ignores smaller channels.
Also like I said I'm not 100% blaming it either but yeah I will check out what others are doing and how :)

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the advice GBeeTV. However you have to admit the algorithm practically ignores smaller channels.
Also like I said I'm not 100% blaming it either but yeah I will check out what others are doing and how :)
I agree but only worry about things you can control and the quality of your channel is something you entirely control

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi

This is essentially a review request (Asking why your channel isn't growing)

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :)

Reactions: KatyAdelson