I hate the quality of videos

That's the thing tho. It is always the most random thing that goes viral. That's just how it has always been and will never change.

Dude I feel the same way I watch one of my videos then go to a persons channel that's famous and I feel like my videos are better then theres. Life's just not fare sometimes.

Because idiots like to watch other idiots and stupid things.

Smart people like to see intelligent and interesting things

We're outnumbered

Even what you might think to be the dumbest video could have taken a ton of prep work and planning to accomplish what they did. It is very hard to plan and record something that looks like it wasn't planned and pull it off that so many people will enjoy it.

Entertainment is subjective but I get where you're coming from. This is why I think promotion and luck plays a vital part in your growth as a youtuber. Good content is to get them hooked, but exposure gets them to recognize that you exist.

People are weird, you could do one thing and everyone would love you just for that one single little thing you did. LIKE OH LOOK HE SAID HE LIKED TURTLES, LET'S MAKE HIM FAMOUS!!! You those interviews or memes whatever that people do on accident and it just blows up? I agree with you on the luck part for sure and promotion to an extent but the more you make videos, I guess the more you have a chance to somehow to do something by accident maybe that'll just BAM hit those views.

People are weird, you could do one thing and everyone would love you just for that one single little thing you did. LIKE OH LOOK HE SAID HE LIKED TURTLES, LET'S MAKE HIM FAMOUS!!! You those interviews or memes whatever that people do on accident and it just blows up? I agree with you on the luck part for sure and promotion to an extent but the more you make videos, I guess the more you have a chance to somehow to do something by accident maybe that'll just BAM hit those views.
Agreed! An example for me would be Waffle the sand boa. The video got 13m views, and left her on 27k subs. As her content progresses, the views have been going less and less, and now the one published a week ago is left at 4800. Where are those 22k that subbed? A lot would just click sub if they liked like one viral video. Which is why I don't really blame pewdiepie that even though he's on 48m subs, he averages on 4-6m views or so.

This thread sounds kinda butthurt in a way. Kind of pretentious too. If you want to be viral, you need that exact audience who watch these "stupid a** videos" you mention

Catchy things, as awkward as they may be, are still catchy. People will remember "pen pineapple apple pen" more than they will remember an intellectual monologue done by Richard Dawkins. In terms of views and revenue, they are homeruns. Only problem is that they are almost always unable to be replicated. They might be capitalizing on this single video for the time being, but it has no lasting effect.

Viral and quality don't go hand in hand. Life isn't fair. Just keep making the content that you want to make and with a little bit of hard work and luck, your videos will eventually garner a sizable audience. Who knows maybe your next video will go viral.

You don't have to make what people call stupid videos to go viral. A few weeks ago a vlog channel I follow had one of their vlogs go viral. It was about the woman in it getting her braces off after 15 years. Nothing funny, nothing outrageously crazy or dangerous and nothing stupid going on just for laughs. All of a sudden the video had 250,000 views and currently sits a little over 800,000. They went from 2,000 subscribers to over 10,000 in a few weeks time.

So you never know what might go viral and I am sure they weren't expecting this to happen with this vlog.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back