I can't decide on the theme of the channel

MaminVlad

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Vlad.

For a very long time I want to shoot my videos and upload them to YouTube.
There is a camera, I train diction and voice, there is a garage, however, my appearance is usual, I am not handsome. I don't have any special skills and I can't teach someone.

There are a couple of ideas:
1. Shoot parodies of superheroes.
2. Tell children's stories in an adult manner with a funny voice.
3. Prepare various potato dishes and tell the interesting news of the week.

I look forward to your ideas and comments. Thanks.

moggie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I may be of help. I can write comedy and children's stories. I also compile quizzes and have thousand of questions.

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Man, I love a good potato dish. I'm not sure if I'd want to watch a whole channel dedicated to this almighty starch but if you could become known as the PotatoKing that could only be a good thing. I'm not sure about blending it with the news. Topical news stories will be out of date quickly but potatoes are timeless!

Don't worry too much about what you look like. I resemble a drunken sasquatch and I've made my peace with that.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Man, I love a good potato dish. ... this almighty starch... potatoes are timeless!
Heck yes.

Don't worry too much about what you look like. I resemble a drunken sasquatch and I've made my peace with that.
Absolutely - many YT channels, including cooking channels, don't even show the chef.
(see "foodwishes'' as an example)

I think pick one idea and stick to it.

Idea 3. I agree with Rhody Seth - do cooking or do news. I'd prefer potatoes we are all sick of news...

Idea 2: You would be limited as you wouldn't be able to user copyright material. SO that would mean old stories like fables, stories you wrote yourself, or stories written by others where they specifically give you written permission to use for commercial purposes (if you EVER plan to monetize)

Idea 1. Make sure you get some INDEPENDENT advice (not friends or family) as to whether a parody you shoot is actually funny to other people.

THE MAIN THING is to actually choose something you are PASSIONATE about, because if you don't you won't be motivated to continue in the longer term.

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
THE MAIN THING is to actually choose something you are PASSIONATE about, because if you don't you won't be motivated to continue in the longer term.
This right here. I would encourage you to see what interests you the most and go with that. If I were to choose from your list, 1 and 3 seem fun to me.

CoolKat

Reaction score
:ugo:Maybe gaming? It could also make your channel quite popular if you post good videos consistantly...