Fuarkkk this is probably the best advice that you will receive on your channel. I love it. Great post.

First; you are lying to yourself, your videos are not good quality (choppy, and the music is far too loud as opposed to something in the background).
Second; Even without taking the first point into account you are just like every other gaming channel out there. Nothing special. Just more of the same.

So no wonder people aren't subscribing. 7 hours of editing? Cry me a river. I have videos that take far longer, especially if I include the time it took me to film them. Just because you put time and effort into something doesn't automatically mean you are going to get massive subscriber numbers. If that was the case I surely should have 100K subscribers by now. You might misunderstand me right now, you're probably foaming at the mouth reading this, ready to fire back with your keyboard. This is nothing more than a reality check, one I have given many people complaining about the very same thing you are complaining about right now.

Go back to the drawing board. Figure out your capture program and get it to 60fps. Can't do that? Go to 30fps. Can't do that? Upgrade your hardware, without adequate hardware you can't produce good quality content. Watch some of the bigger gaming channels, emulate their setup but don't try to be like them. Be yourself. And then perhaps the subscribers will come. Or not. And you'll end up where I am at. Just shy of 3K subscribers after 3 years of doing my thing. Being overly concerned with your subscriber number is a sure way to start hating this hobby real quick. It's supposed to be fun!

I prefer the Shadowplay screen capture method if you have a nVIDIA graphics card (one that supports it) along with Audacity for recording your commentary. I don't know if your game is choppy because you're using a cumbersome screen recorder or if you need to get a better graphics card, but like most others have stated, a choppy, low fps video is just about as bad as it can get. If it is the graphics card, save for a better one, and for now drop all in-game settings to the lowest you can. Pretty sure most people would agree that graphics < smooth gameplay. Good luck!

Back