How would one go about creating a requested paid ad video?

Zaff

I've Got It
I've been contacted by a couple different Minecraft server owners who've asked me to make a short video advertisement/trailer for their server. The request would be paid, PayPal.

I'm absolutely capable of making a fitting ad video, but I don't know how I'll go about pricing it. An ad/trailer would probably be 30-60 seconds, featuring in-game recordings and presented information. Do anyone have any experience with making a paid video? How should I go about setting a fair price on the production?

It's really basic, try to keep it all friendly,

- Add them on skype
- Discuss prices with them
- Record the video
- Upload it as private
- Show the person it's ready to go live
- Get paid
- Make the video public

Extra tips to keep the person that paid you happy,

- Be on the server when a video goes live
- Only make the video if you truly enjoy the server (it'll reflect in your video)
- Don't be greedy with price

About $10-20 per 15+ minute video on the servers (just a starting number for you)

It's really basic, try to keep it all friendly,

- Add them on skype
- Discuss prices with them
- Record the video
- Upload it as private
- Show the person it's ready to go live
- Get paid
- Make the video public

Extra tips to keep the person that paid you happy,

- Be on the server when a video goes live
- Only make the video if you truly enjoy the server (it'll reflect in your video)
- Don't be greedy with price

About $10-20 per 15+ minute video on the servers (just a starting number for you)

Thanks for the response. Judging by your list and sub count, you seem to know what you're doing.
Though, I don't do so much talking videos like Letsplays and comms, so an edited trailer would be in more known territory, which'd last shorter and take longer time to edit. Got any idea how to measure appropiate pricing for such a kind of video?

Also, if you upload a video as private and then later on set it to public, will that video be broadcasted to the subscribers as a new upload or will it just be buried under earlier posts?

Also, if you upload a video as private and then later on set it to public, will that video be broadcasted to the subscribers as a new upload or will it just be buried under earlier posts?
New. The "Published on"-date will change to the day you make it public and it will be sent out to your subs.

Back