How to turn off notifications for one comment thread?

GMX

Before when I wanted to mute a comment thread on my video (so I don't get notified of new replies) I could click the bell on the top right, click the notification, click the little down arrow on the top right and click mute post. But now YT groups alerts together (i.e., instead of "XYZ commented on your video," it's "XYZ, ABC, DEF, and 4 others commented on your video) and when you click on an alert it just lists the new comments.

If I click on any of them it doesn't individualize it or provide any way to mute any particular one, it just takes me to my video. Looking at the comment from the video page or my community manager, there are only options to remove, report, or hide all from this user. I don't want to do any of those. I'd also rather not disable notifications altogether.

I could also go to the person's profile in G+, and mute them from there, but I don't want to mute the guy overall. I just want to mute that ONE comment thread by him but it seems like Youtube's made that impossible if more than one person has commented on the video recently. Is there any way to do this?

Back