How to rank higher in YouTube search in 2017?

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

So after the YouTube algorithm update, I noticed it's become really difficult on YouTube search result especially for a small channel with fewer views & watch times.When I started using it was a lot easier, I mean I was able to get some of my videos to the top of search & manage to get some views.Nowadays I learned a lot more strategies to rank high n the search & also know a how to tag YouTube videos a lot better than before.But none of my videos rank higher in the search.Even though the keyword phrases are less competitive.And yes I already use these common technics like put my keyword in title, description & tags.

So what you guys think about that? Do you face the same issue? What's the best strategy to rank higher in YouTube search in 2017?

Streamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Same question here. Last year was difficult ranking high, but this year is even more diffcult.

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't think you can really do more than what you mentioned in your opening post.. Good titles, good tags, good description.. I think the biggest fish of YouTube will always get away eating most of the food no matter how good you optimise your channel.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yep, this is the way YouTube is now. I used to be able to rank for noncompetitive terms with only onpage SEO, now a video needs a lot of views to hit the front page for any keyword. Basically, you need to be getting traffic from some other platform in order to be seen by YouTube, so it's as if YouTube is becoming more of a sharing of popular videos rather than being a place to discover new videos. This also means that if YouTube is only ranking videos that are already popular, there's a good chance that the video has already be seen by a user anyways. YouTube is no longer a reliable traffic source.