How To Promote on Twitter?

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys, I just recently set up a twitter for my YouTube account. But I was wondering how I get people to find my twitter, and then actually get them to transfer over to my channel?

Olli

Reaction score
You can buy advertisements, use hashtags, and just reply to different people on there. Eventually you will gain a following and some will watch your YouTube channel. Twitter is hard to gain followers at times. You can always do follow trains but that isn't the best way to go about things.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Honestly, I find Twitter to be a better tool for reaching out to people and building relationships. There are a lot of bigger names with 100,000+ followers who don't have a big following on Twitter. While you'd be buried trying to comment on YouTube, it's actually much easier to engage on Twitter. Slowly over time by interacting with others your following will build, but Twitter is so congested with information that it's pretty hard to drive traffic to YouTube from there without a massive following. These days I use it as more of a communication/engagement tool and I find it pretty powerful in that way.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i use twitter to promote also. I use my own twitter to post the thumbnail/link and use relevant tags. i also comment on other channels / popular you tubers with similar videos and post a thumbnail (if it makes sense) ... for example, when Logan Paul posts and everyone is commenting him back, I throw in a comment with a video I made of a parody of "How to Vlog Like Logan Paul."

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You can buy advertisements, use hashtags, and just reply to different people on there. Eventually you will gain a following and some will watch your YouTube channel. Twitter is hard to gain followers at times. You can always do follow trains but that isn't the best way to go about things.
i use twitter to promote also. I use my own twitter to post the thumbnail/link and use relevant tags. i also comment on other channels / popular you tubers with similar videos and post a thumbnail (if it makes sense) ... for example, when Logan Paul posts and everyone is commenting him back, I throw in a comment with a video I made of a parody of "How to Vlog Like Logan Paul."

Thanks for the help guys!

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Bruh twitter is so hard nowadays. My advice to you is to just post videos and share them with friends. Eventually once you get good enough you will get the recognition that you deserve.

Reactions: MikeSchimm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Twitter chats are a GREAT way to gain followers. The key is to go after a specific audience, get them to follow you on Twitter, share engaging content (you can also use a tool like IFTTT to auto post for you) and promo sparingly (aka strategically) and you will grow. It's a momentum thing. :)

Mr Kerbibble

A couple of nerds. A nerd couple, if you will.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Twitter is a weird social beast in of itself. Obviously, you can use it to just simply promote when you upload a new video. But you can also use it as a way to interact with certain special groups or topics.

Have a video where you go to a Renaissance Fest? Post it to the specific ren fest twitter. Reviewed a game? Send it to the game developer.

Part of it is also just putting in the time to be social on there as well. Doing polls, posting photos, interacting with other twitter users, etc. Again, because of that, it's a completely different animal, meaning you'll have to be building up your own following on there in addition to your following on YouTube.

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Twitter is a weird social beast in of itself. Obviously, you can use it to just simply promote when you upload a new video. But you can also use it as a way to interact with certain special groups or topics.

Have a video where you go to a Renaissance Fest? Post it to the specific ren fest twitter. Reviewed a game? Send it to the game developer.

Part of it is also just putting in the time to be social on there as well. Doing polls, posting photos, interacting with other twitter users, etc. Again, because of that, it's a completely different animal, meaning you'll have to be building up your own following on there in addition to your following on YouTube.

Thanks for the help! I didn't realize there was so much to it, but I'm down to commit to it.