How to Make Friends at YTtalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Definitely wish I would have known about about this post first! These are like all the mistakes I made right off the bat. But I think a couple of you guys have been really cool about my messing up so quickly! :)

Reactions: Symph and Michael

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Making friends at YTtalk might seem like its going to be quite hard to you if you are new to YTtalk but integrating into our community is really fun and easy. In this guide I am going to take you through my recommend steps to making friends at YTtalk and getting to know the community.

Welcome to YTtalk

First of all I would like to welcome you to our community, YTtalk is filled with thousands of passionate YouTube video creators just like yourself and we are all at various levels of skills and expertise ranging from new beginners to those who live off of their YouTube earnings and do YouTube full time and we are all here to help each other which is what makes YTtalk so special, we help each other regardless of channel size.

We welcome anyone and everyone so as long as they follow our forum rules which are mostly very easy to follow. So now you're signed up, let me guide you through making a great first impression here and help you build some connections.

Introductions

When you first arrive at YTtalk you might find that you just dont know where to post and where to start. The best place anyone can start is our Introduce Yourself forum. This forum is for introducing yourself to the community and in your introduction thread you can tell us all about yourself such as who you are, what you do, the things you enjoy doing and so on so others can get to know you. An introduction is a meet and greet and if you're new you usually want to make the best first impression.

To make a good impression I recommend writing about yourself and who you are as well as what your channel is about, that way our members can build a better picture of who you are as a person.

This thread here will help you make a good introduction at YTtalk:

http://yttalk.com/threads/read-this-before-you-introduce-yourself.126658/

Coming straight in and only promoting your channel can come across as rather rude so make sure you accompany any promotion in your introduction thread with details about who you are as we would love to get to know you and not only your channel.

Spamming/Sub For Sub and View Begging

One misconception some newcomers can have about YTtalk is that YTtalk is here to give you views and subscribers, YTtalk is in no way is here to give you that and spamming videos, sub for sub requests and view begging ie asking people to check out your channel in posts is largely frowned upon and against the YTtalk rules.

As a new member I recommend reading this from our terms to help you understand more about our policies:

We are here as a community of video creators to help you make the best out of your YouTube channel and video creation experience, we love helping others and learning from others ourselves. One of our slogans is "Learn Share Create". We believe in learning with each other, sharing that knowledge with each other as we grow and creating something from it.

So now you understand our terms a little more let me help you find places to meet others here.

Chat Threads

When you first arrive a great forum to mingle with other members in is the Chillout Room, in here we have lots of off topic discussion taking place which is fun to get involved in. A great thread to say hello and meet others in is the Random Chat Thread, post a simple Hello and start chatting with others in here:

http://yttalk.com/threads/the-official-chat-thread.10788/

If you fancy showing us who you are in person post a picture of yourself here:

http://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-members-picture-thread-meet-our-yttalkers.127564/

Showing us who you are is a fun way of allowing others meet you.

Forum Profiles

If you want to strike up a conversation with another member at YTtalk, perhaps you found their post interesting or helpful and you would like to get to know them some more, visit their profile by clicking their username above their avatar and then clicking their username on the member card popup and write a message on their profile, many members are more than willing to engage in conversation and conversing is an excellent way to build new connections.

Regular Activity

With any community you must remain active within the community to remain a part of the community, sadly connections fade over time if they're not nurtured and the same happens at YTtalk, by being active regularly you have a higher chance of meeting others and making new friends, nurturing new connections by following up on private messages, profile messages and thread replies.

Taking part regularly really is the best way to make friends and build lasting connections in my opinion.

YouTube Video Collaborations Forum

If you are looking to meet YouTubers interested in making videos together visit our Collaborations and Meet Ups forum, in here we have everything from small gatherings being organised to online collaborations between creators. It is an excellent opportunity to work with others in similar niches to yourself. To get started in there you can post a thread mentioning where you are located and the kinds of channels you are interested in collaborating with as well as any other requirements:

http://yttalk.com/forums/collaborations-meet-ups.42/

Summary

So to summarise, on YTtalk the best way to make friends is to take part and make a good first impression by letting us know all about who you are and what you do and to actively take part on the forums as after all you cant make friends actively participating in a community.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and make many friends along the way.

Thanks for reading.
Never read this before, it sounds so official. "We are here to help you make the best out of your video creation experience and get the most out of youtube."

If I had made this thread it would have just said "Yttalk is the one place where I can act like an idiot and everyone actually likes me for it" the end.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never read this before, it sounds so official. "We are here to help you make the best out of your video creation experience and get the most out of youtube."

If I had made this thread it would have just said "Yttalk is the one place where I can act like an idiot and everyone actually likes me for it" the end.
It is very official but yours works just as good :D

Ethan Grant

still living in the world of rock music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have only been on here for a couple of days and I have found it enjoyable and I haven't found it difficult making friends

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Glad to hear it thank you for your feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.