How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

Simpsonthego

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Great tips! Thanks for sharing! I have a question about the dimensions, why do those exact dimensions give best quality. I have been using 1280 by 720 and I read that's what I should be using. Not saying who is right or wrong, but what are they key differences in those two dimension settings? Thanks!

TikToklikes

Reaction score
Website
www.buytiktoklikes.com
Channel Type
Other
You need to remember these point while creating thumbnail for your YouTube videos:

1. Always use a better image to make Thumbnail.
2. Mention Title in your Thumbnail.
3. Always USE the best font for your Thumbnail.
4. Try to create branded thumbnail template

Alban West

Reaction score
Great sharing! I only used to pay service, and I'm comforted in that way so maybe I should try your sharing, too later.

Reactions: AveryMads

AveryMads

Reaction score
Hello, What about this thumbnail for kids?
, Do you think it is good or I can do it better? Thanks!
It's great! Very colorful and playful as kids' videos should be! However, there's a little too much going on, and when you look at it, you don't know what the video is about. Simplicity is beauty, so perhaps your two girls can both be in the center of the photo with the animals surrounding them! (Or the animals in the center with one girl on each side)

P.S. This is just my opinion, and you don't have to change a thing!

Ryan's World is one of the most successful YouTube channels and has very straight-forward thumbnails! This one for example:

AveryMads

Reaction score
By the way, I'd just like to share a few insights that I've learned from the Kpop YouTuber community! (as I noticed they tend to make very aesthetic and breathtaking thumbnails AND channel intros). Here are a few examples below, and what they have in common are:

1. The focus is on a single subject and the photo is always beautiful
2. The words on the thumbnail ask a question, or at least make people curious
3. High-quality photos can make or break the overall aesthetic of it

Reactions: naufalogi