How to make a Gaming video interesting?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I recently got EA Access so I can get discounts and access to the vault for free games. So far ive downloaded NHL 15. I downloaded it to bring back childhood memories of the days when I played the old NHL games but if I were to do a gameplay video of NHL 15 how would I make it interesting since not everyone likes Hockey?

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Editing is your best friend, man. Use a lot of jumpcuts to only show the highlights of the video, throw in sound effects(without going overboard), maybe get some background music up in there.

For some reason zooming in on certain key phrases is really funny if done correctly. I don;t know how to explain that exactly, though.

If you don't already, watch some pewdiepie videos. Like him or not, he's a really really REALLY good video editor. You can pick up a lot from what he does.

KillaDays

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely all of what Cabbage said, especially Jump cuts. Personally, I have the attention span of a goldfish so if there are longs points of a video where nothing interesting is happening I am much more likely to click away and not watch the video in it's entirety.
Also another good thing is to make sure to try and let your personality shine through - like what makes you, you - whether it be through your editing or if you are going to do a commentary with the gameplay :)

KillaDays

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use VideoPad. It's free and super easy to learn - it's very simple. It doesn't come with any sound effects but you can apply effects to your sound, if that makes sense. Just google videopad, should be the first one that comes up.
Really easy for beginners, and it's good for splitting up video.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Alright I'll look into it :)[DOUBLEPOST=1444891061,1444862659][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: Finally got to play NHL 15 and I honestly couldn't stop laughing. Idk y but this game is basically a rage simulator featuring awkward controls and douchebag players lol

kankyo11

△ NooBie ♎ Neko ♏
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I recently got EA Access so I can get discounts and access to the vault for free games. So far ive downloaded NHL 15. I downloaded it to bring back childhood memories of the days when I played the old NHL games but if I were to do a gameplay video of NHL 15 how would I make it interesting since not everyone likes Hockey?
I agree with @Cabbage Hunters. You can learn from PewDiePie / VanossGaming for fun in game, if gameplay or Walkthrough checkout theRedBrad

Onister

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So for jumpcuts and sound effects what kind of program should I get? Preferably free
I like using audacity its free and not that hard to learn and it has great quality of a output

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I use to use Audacity to record guitar playing but the sound always ended up so funky and weird