How to improve quality

Hi, so u have had my channel for 1 week and I'm struggling being clear in my videos. I feel sometimes I stop making sense and when I go to edit my footage I have to take out chunks due to it being rambly. I just wondered if anyone struggles with the same issue and how they combatted it. ? :)

Hi, so u have had my channel for 1 week and I'm struggling being clear in my videos. I feel sometimes I stop making sense and when I go to edit my footage I have to take out chunks due to it being rambly. I just wondered if anyone struggles with the same issue and how they combatted it. ? :)
When I talk more in more of a freeform style I always end up rambly. I combat this by scripting videos. I don't know how to change it. Just sort of happens.

I meant *I have had my channel

Practice without recording! Like a lot of people say, practice makes perfect.
If you make some demo ideas that you don't actually want to upload, you can pretend you're making a video and practice on your talking.

You'll notice improvement a lot faster this way.

Practice without recording! Like a lot of people say, practice makes perfect.
If you make some demo ideas that you don't actually want to upload, you can pretend you're making a video and practice on your talking.

You'll notice improvement a lot faster this way.[/QUOTE
That sounds like a good idea. I will try that. Thank you :)

I write bullet points and when I feel myself rambling will look at them again to make sure I don't stray too far. As you make more and more videos it becomes easier and you naturally improve, keep it up!

As you make more videos you'll get better, and if you have an idea of what you want to talk about use mattygreen's idea about writing bullet points

I think it's something you get through with practice, to be quite honest with you! I have the exact same problem myself, but I've found that making bullet points helps keep me on track - otherwise I will go off on a tangent and then hate myself over Premiere Pro later that evening.

I learned in college early on, and through Youtube, that first drafts or first attempts at something usually suck. It takes a while to get your idea going how you want it. Gotta do stuff for a while, get used to it, and let yourself hit your stride. I don't think any Youtuber was all that good to begin with. Some even hide their early stuff because they don't want you to know lol.

The beauty of editing is that you can ramble all you want and mess up all you want and really cut that away. The trick is to speak enough that you have enough footage to say what you want.

An outline of the major points you want to make is a great help in this regard. When you know you've said something that should be in the video, you can cross it off your outline and make a note of where in the video (or what clip) it falls, then you don't have to sit through as much rambling just to get there.

With practice (like everyone says), you'll get much better at this. It does take time, but it also does happen faster than you'd think.

Back