How to grow with next to no subscribers?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
upload videos often
Good seo
Good quality videos like good audio, visual.
Interact with your subscribers.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. Upload consistently. Create an upload schedule and stick to it. The more videos you put out the better. Note: Uploading lots of low quality content can hurt your channel instead of helping so make sure that it is quality content but as frequent as you can.
WRONG. This leads to an instant burnout within the first few month. Create when you want to create if you want in this thing for the long run. It is surprisingly easy to get burned out on doing YouTube. Big YouTubers suffer from it, but smaller ones even more because there is no "reward" other than views and subscribers. And then there is the fact that pushing for regular content on a schedule turns it into a job. And nothing is worse than doing a job without getting paid for it.

2. SEO - Make sure that your Title, Descriptions and tags are properly entered in. (I think this is super Important so that your content gets out there)
Never bothered with it. Perhaps it is the reason why my content does poorly. But it is what it is.

3. Thumbnail - Do some research, look at some of your favorite YouTubers and try to create Thumbnails that look good and try to create something similar.
Clickbait the crap out of it. Be like everyone else. I don't do it to their degrees, probably another reason why my videos do poorly. But I can say I never clickbaited, which is something I take pride in.

4. Social Media - This may or may not help some people but is worth the chance. I have gotten subs and views from social media before. I mainly use Instagram/Facebook. I think Twitter is good for when you already have a big fan base.
Screw Facebook, stay off twitter. Instagram is where it's at. But for the love of GOD do not set your account up as a business because your reach will drop considerably.

Poondeh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
upload videos often
Good seo
Good quality videos like good audio, visual.
Interact with your subscribers.
I try my best with each of those :p
I can't do daily uploads because I've still got my education to worry about, I'm still working on SEO, I like to think my videos are slowly improving in quality and I reply to every comment ^.^
Thank you for the response :)

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Poondeh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Try to video your day (vlog) like when you plan to go to a mall today, video and shoot it, upload it on youtube and let viewers view your videos.

It's so easy to vlog especially when you highlight the most happiest moment of your day. Example: Eating at mcdonalds.
I would vlog if I had ;
  1. A good camera
  2. Interesting things to vlog about
Just not really in the cards for me at the moment. But thanks for the suggestion :)[DOUBLEPOST=1534588966,1534588323][/DOUBLEPOST]
WRONG. This leads to an instant burnout within the first few month. Create when you want to create if you want in this thing for the long run. It is surprisingly easy to get burned out on doing YouTube. Big YouTubers suffer from it, but smaller ones even more because there is no "reward" other than views and subscribers. And then there is the fact that pushing for regular content on a schedule turns it into a job. And nothing is worse than doing a job without getting paid for it.

Never bothered with it. Perhaps it is the reason why my content does poorly. But it is what it is.

Clickbait the crap out of it. Be like everyone else. I don't do it to their degrees, probably another reason why my videos do poorly. But I can say I never clickbaited, which is something I take pride in.

Screw Facebook, stay off twitter. Instagram is where it's at. But for the love of GOD do not set your account up as a business because your reach will drop considerably.
I never considered doing daily ever xD There isn't really a need for it. I know sometimes YouTube's algorithm gives more consistent uploaders ranking in the search, but for me, I'd rather get a video done right and make it something I'm happy with rather than pump them out and taking no pride in it.

SEO is something I am trying to improve, and trust me, it does make the difference. Tagging your videos, making good descriptions and titles definitely brings them up the search results and recommended.

I try avoid clickbaiting, but sometimes its just something you have to do. If you spend hours on a singular video and you're afraid it won't do well, you can make an eye catching title and thumbnail. As long as its not misleading, I'm pretty okay with it. I don't tend to do it myself either, nor am I promoting doing it. But on YouTube, you gotta do what you gotta do to stand out :p

I haven't touched social media too much. I always steered clear of Facebook, not even having a personal account on it xD Twitter is meh, okay for updates and little posts, but I do agree when you say Instagram is a good place for promotion. It helped me a bit in the past too.

Thanks for the well written reply. Happy to see people on YTTalk trying to help others ^.^ Restores some of my faith in the YouTube community.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try avoid clickbaiting, but sometimes its just something you have to do. If you spend hours on a singular video and you're afraid it won't do well, you can make an eye catching title and thumbnail. As long as its not misleading, I'm pretty okay with it. I don't tend to do it myself either, nor am I promoting doing it. But on YouTube, you gotta do what you gotta do to stand out :p
Oh, I have done it. But there are those that do it every single video. And that starts to wear on you the longer you follow someone. It will ultimately cause people to never watch a video again because they are not given what was promised.

SUPERFOX5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know I am new here, but I will say that I agree with the things that everyone else is saying.

But you know what I say?
Just keep making content that you yourself, are satisfied with.
You don't have to cater to a specific demographic, just do what you like doing.

And if you can, try not to rush putting out anything, otherwise it ends up being not like you envisioned, just put quality over quantity, and everything will look awesome.

I hope my extra suggestions helped. ;)

Alexis Claudio Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

His question was "How to grow with next to no subscribers"
If he wants to grow, he needs to put content out there. Quality content. That's why I stated that you don't need to upload daily, but upload content "consistently". If he uploads every month or every other month, then he will never grow. Which was what he wanted to know. I upload every 2 days and I don't get tired of it. It doesn't even feel like is a job. I love when I record and even yes, views and subs are a reward for me. It gives me a boost every time I see my subs go up. It makes me feel I'm going on the right path.