How to get views on videos people aren't searching for?

Zach Werre

In some cases, if users aren't searching for a certain kind video it means that they're just not interested. But, for example, comedy videos have titles that I'm assuming people aren't directly searching for, like "WEIRD GUY MAKES A POP-TART GIRLFRIEND". But views and likes show that people did still enjoy them.

So if you have a video that people probably aren't going to search for but still might find value in, what is some advice for getting those types videos discovered? Do you just have to start by making content people are searching for and once you have a following then create those not so searchable videos?

Show a little leg. ;) Sorry I have nothing of value to add here so I decided to make a joke. I am also curious. I feel like it is a little bit of guess work at times. Maybe learning by example too. Like if your video is similar to someone else’s look at their tags and get some ideas from them- that doesn’t ALWAYS work, but could possibly get you in the running. But if it’s unique, I don’t know, maybe trial by error and maybe finding similar things within your video that people may very well be searching for.

Hey! Go download TubeBuddy and learn how to use the Tag Explorer feature and put some effective tags in the videos. That will help a lot.
Awesome, thanks! I actually installed TubeBuddy awhile back but signed out and forgot to sign back in. Follow up question for you, do you think it's worth paying for TubeBuddy?

Awesome, thanks! I actually installed TubeBuddy awhile back but signed out and forgot to sign back in. Follow up question for you, do you think it's worth paying for TubeBuddy?

I currently pay for TubeBuddy. It helps a lot with SEO I think. It's hard to gauge though since growing on YouTube can be such a hurdle sometimes. But it's only $4.50/mo if you're under 1000 subscribers so why not give it a shot for a few months.

In some cases, if users aren't searching for a certain kind video it means that they're just not interested. But, for example, comedy videos have titles that I'm assuming people aren't directly searching for, like "WEIRD GUY MAKES A POP-TART GIRLFRIEND". But views and likes show that people did still enjoy them.

So if you have a video that people probably aren't going to search for but still might find value in, what is some advice for getting those types videos discovered? Do you just have to start by making content people are searching for and once you have a following then create those not so searchable videos?

I do funny videos as well and I've noticed that I have to make searchable content but don't get it wrong if you make a video that you think can go viral, just share it on social media, you never know.

I have the same problem sometimes I do videos of people don't really search for myself The Simple Solution is these videos need to be promoted a lot more like I promote mine on Instagram and Twitter it gets a lot of traction from Instagram since I have a massive following on Instagram about 2,000 followers

DUDE! I'm with you bro. To be honest I'm done with searching for keywords and all that crap. It's taking away from my sketch comedy plus I'm like everyone else trying to chase keywords. I thought I was the only one who thought about this so thanks for sharing.

Back