How to get not just subs, BUT FANS

k13lock

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Questions regarding reaching out people in your audience (subscribers).... is there a way to connect with them on youtube if they have no contact information or do not post at all in the comments?

What are some good questions to ask. I have a look at their profile/about/social media and see what we can connect on. I like the part in this article about looking to build friendships, that's the way to get the most out of life. If they have videos I watch and subscribe too. My subscriptions are hidden though.. would it be best to display these publically?

Reactions: Rehannah

Rehannah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@k13lock
I think you shouldn't worry about making friends with them all. You should continue to make content that they love and that itself will keep them there. It's nice to connect to your subscribers but you can't befriend them all. It will become tiring.
Maybe you could make it more intriguing to comment so that they will finally comment or something idk.

Reactions: k13lock

BzTv

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Thank you for you advice on this... It gets frustrating but like you said about the gym you have to put work in everyday to reach your goals :)

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Completely agree with this! Made a few fans from my school this way, actually!

KQ4rt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
what happen if you don't have friends :confused:?

kwanZV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd add another little advice - seriously don't feel forced into interactions with fans or anyone for that matter. It's really off putting when a youtube replies almost mechanically.

Reactions: Rehannah

AncientEmma

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes I go to a video from Youtuber that I admire, look at the comments, find someone who posts their own videos and comment on one of them. I just compliment them without telling them to check me out, but hope they'll be intrigued to do that on their own.
Aside from this, does anyone have any tips for attracting the "goal" target audience, especially those who don't post their own content? It's difficult to "make friends" if they don't have anything to respond to but I want to start communicating with a broader audience. Thanks! :)

Reactions: Rehannah and BzTv

Inspired

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very good advice, however, I'm just not brave enough to post my GTA videos on my facebook for all my family to see.