How to effectively launch a channel.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I made my channel in mid 2015 and uploaded my first video with the intention of uploading weekly from that point on, but like many of you the hustle and bustle of life along with the lack of views it received led to me not getting around to it. After what I deemed a lack of success in respect to my effort, I decided to review the way in which I would go about launching a channel.

If a restaurant opened up with but a few items on its menu, it probably wouldn't create the best of impressions and in that vein a bare channel may not do much either. So what I've been doing in my free time is getting something of a head start and have compiled several videos that of a standard that I think if viewers were to watch there would be enough base content for them to invest in a subscription.

The first video will be taken down, as although it has received only likes and positive feedback, I'm not confident it is reflective of the standard of content I have produced. It has acted as a nice beta test fortunately. I hope to 'launch' either this weekend or next and am demanding of myself to produce videos weekly as a minimum from that point. I hope this strategy proves effective and you guys can support me by subscribing and waiting for them to drop, give me your feedback and all that good stuff.

But yah, what ways do you guys think is an effective way to promote your channel from launch? Very interested to know.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I made my channel in mid 2015 and uploaded my first video with the intention of uploading weekly from that point on, but like many of you the hustle and bustle of life along with the lack of views it received led to me not getting around to it. After what I deemed a lack of success in respect to my effort, I decided to review the way in which I would go about launching a channel.

If a restaurant opened up with but a few items on its menu, it probably wouldn't create the best of impressions and in that vein a bare channel may not do much either. So what I've been doing in my free time is getting something of a head start and have compiled several videos that of a standard that I think if viewers were to watch there would be enough base content for them to invest in a subscription.

The first video will be taken down, as although it has received only likes and positive feedback, I'm not confident it is reflective of the standard of content I have produced. It has acted as a nice beta test fortunately. I hope to 'launch' either this weekend or next and am demanding of myself to produce videos weekly as a minimum from that point. I hope this strategy proves effective and you guys can support me by subscribing and waiting for them to drop, give me your feedback and all that good stuff.

But yah, what ways do you guys think is an effective way to promote your channel from launch? Very interested to know.
make a video like this

Cooking4Noobs

I've Got It
Reaction score
For us, the best way to promote videos and the channel is by posting into facebook groups. Look for groups that cater to the overall theme of your channel and start posting.

Reactions: XXLRay

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For us, the best way to promote videos and the channel is by posting into facebook groups. Look for groups that cater to the overall theme of your channel and start posting.
This is what I do... I just posted a video in a Navy Facebook group I belong to and this is what I got so far. I love the live analytics, I think it's one of the best YouTube updates I've seen in a long time! It really lets you see how effective each thing you try is, before you'd have to wait a couple days.
live.jpg

AnnaGermanGirl

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I love that analogy! I will totally steal that for future posts (if you don't mind). :)

I think the way you launch doesn't matter too much when you don't already have an audience (because maybe you're big on Twitter or Instagram or because you're famous for some other reason :)). Nobody will be watching while you're launching so nobody will turn away either.

That said, it usually doesn't make sense to invest heavily in self-promotion if all you have is one tiny video and no channel description/art. When a subscriber looks at your channel they want to get a feeling about what your channel will be about/what kind of style/video/personality they should expect. That's one of the things many small channels aren't doing. They don't communicate to their subscribers what they're about and therefore blow the opportunity to get new subscriptions.

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its all about that advertisement, bro. Get some content out there and then make sure everyone hears about it. Getting your social media game ready to go wouldn't hurt.

Aegislasher

Leader of the GoudaEmpire
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with what everyone else said I know how difficult it can be! What I usually do is go to Twitter and search for content creators with a similar niche to mine.