How Often Should I Produce Content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac0cann0n

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Within the past four months, I have re-started creating content on my channel and was starting to think about having a schedule. The only issue is that as a full time student I have little to no free time, especially while sharing a room with two others.

I want to create a new video every week, but I've been so busy that I can't be reliably tasked with creating new, high quality content on a frequent basis. At this rate, I just create content at my own pace when I can, and they are pretty well received projects.

Should I try and pursue a more cemented schedule or keep creating content at the rate that I am until I am free to create a more rigid schedule?

Purple Penguin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Consistency is the key.

If you produce once a week, once every two weeks, or daily as long as you are consistent and your fan base knows when to expect your videos you should be good.

Tac0cann0n

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Consistency is the key.

If you produce once a week, once every two weeks, or daily as long as you are consistent and your fan base knows when to expect your videos you should be good.
My biggest fear is that if I come out with a schedule and miss it, that I'll never commit and people aren't gonna take what I say seriously

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My numbers have improved since I now have a schedule. Having a schedule also focused me more with my videos.

Purple Penguin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest fear is that if I come out with a schedule and miss it, that I'll never commit and people aren't gonna take what I say seriously
This was my biggest fear the first time i committed to a schedule, too. I contemplated it for awhile and kept putting it off. When I finally did it i was glad that i did. It kept me on the ball, and made me more conscious of scheduling my time efficiently. With that being said, if you are not 100% sure you will be able to keep to a specific schedule yet, do it loosely. Don't announce it until you are ready. Try to keep to whatever schedule you come up with for a short time, and see how you measure up to your own standards before publicly announcing it.

Reactions: Tac0cann0n
Status
Not open for further replies.