How many videos until you saw a steady view/sub rise?

Good question, I've always wondered this too because I have lots of videos.

My channel is 2 months and 17 days old and I'm finally starting to see some consistency. The number on my youtube channel seems to go up by about 80-200 views every day. I'd guess it's about 100+ per day it seems.

Hope this helps!
 
If your videos aren't getting enough views just refresh refresh refresh refresh... has the same effect :p
Doesn't work for me. My new subs come when I am asleep. Strangely! Many of them come over night (in Europe). Maybe I should re-brand my channel with content for night owls!

Anyway, it took me around 50 videos to really gain some more/steady sub flow. But not sure if it was the number of videos (although it probably helps to convince people to sub when they see that there are more videos on the channel already). It took off more after I did the 4 video mini series "Life of an Englishman living in Germany". I just sat down with an English friend of mine and talked about some German topics. Broke it down into 4 episodes and since those 4 cover different search terms they bring in views and then guide to the other episode via annotations or suggested videos. Since then I focus on the "German" theme a bit more (I kind of did that anyway) and I notice Search and Suggested traffic getting way higher. To me it looks a bit like YouTube now learns who might be my audience while before with the broad content it wasn't so clear.

So yeah, 50 videos but I can more or less break it down into a series of 4 of them.
Trying to recreate it now with "Life of a Chinese couple in Germany" Let's see :D
 
I got like 5 in the first few days then it stopped... Happen to think my first video might have been my best too so maybe that's why.
 
I have to agree with Lyfewithdragons. Im a new member of his community. Personally i've decided to look away from the subscribers number for a while and im focusing on the views and the little community i already have after these two weeks. I think i can sense is that for every video i have been uploading, the total amounts of views has increased, because i put annotations in the end of the video with link to the previous one. The effect you get of that is new viewers potentially watching through all of your content and boom there you have 10 new views out of one person. There you can easily go from 10 to 100 views a day. Annother idea is to combine minutes of content, minutes viewed and number of views, and see how long every viewer waches in average. Then you get an idea of how well your keeping the viewers atention. If your average video lengt is 4 minutes and average time spent watching per viewer is 30 seconds, you might have a small problem. This is simply fixed with making your videos more tight and put more stuf in your video that can draw some extra atention. F.ex accessories, costumes or weird faces. I dont know if this makes sense to anyone....[DOUBLEPOST=1417139190,1417138011][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've seen a steady increase in the amount of subscribers the channel gets with each new month (give or take) I don't know how much it has to do with the number of videos you have up as it does with what you are learning about improving your content and marketing your channel during that time.
i think you said it there sir. Knowing what i learned just the past week...
 
I haven't really got a rise my videos just vary even tho I have aroun 430 subs my view count on most videos is very low :/
 
Annother idea is to combine minutes of content, minutes viewed and number of views, and see how long every viewer waches in average. Then you get an idea of how well your keeping the viewers atention.
Can't you just do that by clicking on "Audience Retention" in the analytics section? Unless you click on a specific video it should show the average for all videos.
 
my 5th vid went viral 4 years ago, that helped, but I had about 1,000 subs. Wasn't untill my next viral (10th vid) that I started getting regular sub increases.
14th vid went well,
16th vid did better, and im on my 17th now which also did pretty good. so Im on an up.
 
We have 10 , plus our channel commercial and a random ALS Ice Bucket vid
Things are still very random and up and down.
One vid shot up to 10k , one hit 2k really fast then stopped , a lot are less than 500
 
Back
Top