How Many Tags Do You Guys Use???

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wazzzzz up =)

Just wondering when you all upload videos to youtube how many tags do you add? I add as many as i can think of but i ALWAYS make sure it's related to the video. How many tags can you add anyways? Is there a limit?

Also I understand the description is important for SEO but if you upload a vlog like myself it's kinda hard to write a lot on a certain topic sometimes, but i suck at writing lol

Thanks for the answers =)

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's definitely a character limit - if You cross it it will say "Your tags are too long" when You try to save the video. I'm not sure what the limit is exactly. I always put as many I can think of, always only ones that are related to the video.

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know the limit but I try and put as many as I can think of that's related to it. Sometimes it tells me I can't add more because I've put so many haha

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We used to use just a few but now we are going back to as many as we can think about. Of course all off them must be easily identifiable direct or indirect relation to the video.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There's definitely a character limit - if You cross it it will say "Your tags are too long" when You try to save the video. I'm not sure what the limit is exactly. I always put as many I can think of, always only ones that are related to the video.
Yeah I have had that happen a few times, i think my next video i will count until i get to it lol[DOUBLEPOST=1444373975,1444373870][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know the limit but I try and put as many as I can think of that's related to it. Sometimes it tells me I can't add more because I've put so many haha
I do the same but sometimes if i can't think of a word i go to google keyword planner or Thesaurus to look up related words and it helps a ton =)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I put a minimum of 15 usually, I am unsure of the limit I just know when I have hit it and try and remove any or shorten any that I feel I can.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I put a minimum of 15 usually, I am unsure of the limit I just know when I have hit it and try and remove any or shorten any that I feel I can.
I should start going with 15, cause I know i have a few videos that i only put a few like maybe 8

Reactions: Michael

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
YT suggests to write 10 tags related to the video and 10 related to the channel as a whole. I write the tags first, just thinking of keywords that describe it, and then I write 2-3 sentences for the description that include these keywords.