How long for new tags to take effect?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've just recently gone through and updated/added tags on several of my videos so now I'm curious if anyone knows how long before the changes to the tags will take effect/reflect any changes in views.
When answering please include your source; ie; testing you've done, published information, guessing, etc.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^^ The YouTube SEO forum is for SEO tutorial threads. :)

I added a few new tags on my Drunken Sailor video the 2nd day it was out. After I made changes, the video disappeared from all of its higher tagged search ranks for 1 day, and then reappeared where it had been the next day. That makes me think it takes about a day to update....

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
When I look at old videos and try to update rages, as soon as I refresh the page, if the tags rank, it shows up. So I think it's nearly instant

Reactions: AmuseYourBrain

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great question, i also wanted to know this. Thanks guys

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also think it takes like a day or 2 for not only youtube to redirect traffic to new tags but also people need to find it in its new location due to tag change... but this is mostly a guess from my own experiences.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Given that it takes at least 24 hours for analytics to show up for your video, which includes your tags, I'd presume it was the same!