How long does it take you to make a Youtube video?

How long does it take you to editing 1 youtube video

• Total voters

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
A couple of days to record and edit the audio and then anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to film and edit the video to match. The one I am working on now is taking FOREVER because there are so many characters on screen at once.

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It seems that a lot of people spend rather short time on their video production.
I agree that on genre or YT video you don’t need much time i.e. gaming, vlogs etc.
But if you are making short films or going on the street conducting interviews then you can’t really get away with throwing something together in a few hours.
With street interviews you need to look at the background information on the question you are asking. Don’t talk to 1 or 2 people you need to talk to 30 to 50 people so you can get the best response. Introduce you interview video at the start and explain what the question is that you’re asking and why you are asking it.

With making a short film. First you need a good story. Don’t rely on action of effects to hold your views, it won’t.
Once you have a good story, put it together in to a script form and ask your friends if they would like to be in your film. 9 times out of 10 they would love to take part, especially if your film has a good story line.
Next, find your locations. You’ll find that if you explain that you are making a short film to go onto YouTube most companies are only too happy to let you use their buildings for filming. But make sure you have written permission from them before you start filming, just in case someone calls the police.
If you are making an action film and you are using fake guns, make sure you inform the local Police and Council before you start filming. You really don’t want to be looking down the barrel of a real gun and empty your lunch in your trousers 0_o

Last but not least editing.
Take your time over this. Edit, re edit. Watch it over and over again until you are really happy with it. Editing can be the longest part film making.

Doing this will give you a far better production that throwing something together in a day and you are likely to get more viewers.

Sorry this is a bit long, hope this helps

Socotra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
2 hours. Including recording video and audio, rendering and uploading.