How Long Does It Take To Get A Decent Amount Of Subscribers/followers

About 6 or 7 days at the most. If you haven’t hit 100 subscribers by then you are doing something wrong.
 
I have a gaming channel now for about 4 months and almost reached 100 subs. Some have reached 1000 subs in that amount of time. It depends on how you promote yourself and how good your content is. I do think it also depends on where you live but I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong on that last part.
 
I am going to be rather cruel and honest here, because I feel like everyone is trying their best to sugarcoat it all and not discourage you from creating videos. But I want you to know this is just honest criticism to help you make your videos better. You've got to make some major improvements if you're planning on taking this seriously. You have black bars on your videos, no definitive branding, no intro and the audio quality is mediocre to say the best. These are things that will need to be improved if you want to see any kind of major growth on your channel.

Now I understand that you enjoy making your videos and you have a lot of fun with them, but right now what are you doing that is different from every other Minecraft channel on YouTube? Nothing. You've gotta start bring your own flare to this dude, you need to start trying new things and spending a lot of time brainstorming ideas to make your content better.

I wish you the best in all of this, and as an answer to your question, it's different for everyone. Some people it can take a week (A day is unrealistic for anyone), a month or even 5 years. There is no way to speed up the process and there sure as s**t isn't a shortcut to an easy following. You've gotta work hard and keep focused. <3

EDIT: I'm not saying you need to go out and spend hundreds of dollars right now, but it's something to keep in mind if you plan to take this all seriously bud. Best of luck with your channel, I'll be watching to stalk your progress. ;) <3
Is it rude to ask you to look at my channel? lol Such great feed back and in a concise response. Not berating either. "Tis a rare source on this side of the interwebs" :P
 
Yours just seems kind of random from my first impression.
Yeah at the beginning i just took a "Scatter Shot untill somthing sticks" idea. Now i've started doing a MP series and a review series.
(Go ahead and DM me any more ideas or w/e. No reason to fill up this thread :P.
 
Long Title. So my Question Is How Long do you think, I just Started my channel almost a month ago, And i did delete 7 Videos Trail and Error. So Far I have 97 views on a 5 day old video :D.

When I Mean Decent I Mean like 100 Subs/followers Followers as in twitter.

It depends. If you make videos that you record with non-hd equipment, low quality microphones, bad editing, don't tag or tag them with little effort, title them badly, and/or that are about topics that aren't something people are searching for, it will take you a very long time.

If you strive to make every video you post better, invest money into proper equipment that at least records in half decent quality, work on your commentary skills, get better at editing, properly tag and title your videos, and post content that targets a reasonably sized audience that is searching for what your videos are about, you could get 100 subscribers in a week from scratch, maybe even less.

Almost all small channels I come across on YouTube have noticeable flaws. I rarely come across a channel that posts content that I really enjoy, yet isn't already reasonably big. Strive to be the best, take your favorite YouTuber or the YouTuber that may have inspired you to start a channel, and try to out do them with each video you make. I don't mean copy their ideas, but rather the little things.

Learning basic editing takes almost no effort, making sure your music and audio levels are all mastered well and near the same decibel level takes almost no effort. Recording with at least 720p video and a half decent mic takes almost no effort (a couple hundreds bucks invested in a decent 50$ mic and 200$ recording device may be a lot, but still, just about any kid could save up their birthday/holiday money and buy these items). Finding good or at least decent background music that isn't copyrighted/is royalty free takes almost no effort. Properly titling and tagging your videos with popular related search words takes almost no effort.

But combine all these little details, and you at the very minimum end up with a video that is appealing to the eye and ear, and that can actually be found when searched for.

That already sets you apart from the other 99% of people making YT videos.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top