How Long Did it Take You to Reach 1subs

You guys like the formula?

• Total voters
According to the formula, it's going to take 2622 days. Although surely that's the amount of time since starting your channel, rather than from now? In which case it's going to take 2205 days. Or 6 years. Yay.

Another problem with the formula is that it assumes gain in subs is linear, when people usually claim it's exponential (I have no idea whether it actually is exponential or not, though. One of the many reasons I'd really like to get my hands on a big YouTuber's analytics is to figure out whether subscriber growth really can be modeled exponentially).

According to the formula, it's going to take 2622 days. Although surely that's the amount of time since starting your channel, rather than from now? In which case it's going to take 2205 days. Or 6 years. Yay.

Another problem with the formula is that it assumes gain in subs is linear, when people usually claim it's exponential (I have no idea whether it actually is exponential or not, though. One of the many reasons I'd really like to get my hands on a big YouTuber's analytics is to figure out whether subscriber growth really can be modeled exponentially).

I'm only at 2k so I'm not "big", but it's been massively exponential for me up to this point. I made a milestone thread a little while ago if you want more details.

I only need 24 more to reach the magic 1k and I will have been doing this for one year at the beginning of February :)

Haven't reached it yet, but I set a 1k goal for "by the end of this year or sooner." It'd better happen.

Or else :]
Haha yea ikr I hope it happened for both of us :thumbsup2:[DOUBLEPOST=1452950327,1452947733][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm sorry I bad at math I don't know why I even tried lol[DOUBLEPOST=1452950384][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm only at 2k so I'm not "big", but it's been massively exponential for me up to this point. I made a milestone thread a little while ago if you want more details.
Yea 2k is still a great milestone congrats[DOUBLEPOST=1452950777][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yea I'm just estimating that if the subs you get daily then if the continued then is gonna take X amount of days but like I said the number rof subs flowing in can go up vary quickly or even down so just going in a steady line kinda balances it I guess also fix the formula

I dunno if it's exponential. My growth has accelerated slightly but not to that high of an increase where I was gaining hundreds of subs a day. I've grown from 3 subs a day before to around 6-7 now on average.

Anyway, time to do the calculating.

878 subs / 181 days = 4.85 subs/day

1000 subs / 4.85 subs/day = 206 days

206 days (for 1k) - 181 days (current) = 25 days.

So in another 25 days I should hit 1k, which is at the current trend around February 11.

Haven't reached it yet but I hope to soon by at least Beginning of March almost to 700 now! I thought getting to 100 or 500 was hard but breaking 1K is hard!

Haven't reached it yet but I hope to soon by at least Beginning of March almost to 700 now! I thought getting to 100 or 500 was hard but breaking 1K is hard!
700 subs nice ya I've only been on YT officially for 3 months so its seems it will take me time to get there at my current sub speed but the go up n down and I'm at rockbottem so it can only get better lol :roflmao2:

Wow #dedication
Does it matter that for most of those 9 years, I only used YouTube as a place for hosting videos so I could show people stuff easily? I didn't start trying to run a regular channel with the purpose of gaining subscribers and views until the end of 2014.

Back