How long did it take for your channel to start growing?

1000 subscribers and he made his channel in 2013 * double checks*, that is VERY fast. I started my channel almost 2 months ago and have around 110 subscribers. Please do not compare yourself to him, it will only bring you down. You do you and work hard to get noticed, and maybe one day you will. Some people it takes a while, some people it blows up fast, either way if you grew fast, or over time as long as you are growing is all that matters. =] Good luck man!
-Zeni

2 months and 10 days hopefully (tomorrow :)). I've only got 29 subscribers as it stands but I'm quite content with that for now. I'm growing even if it is very slowly.

I only have 24 subscribers with almost 4,000 channel views, and I've only had my channel up for just about 2 months. I'd love to get more subscribers, and more people to comment on and like my mash-ups. I feel like I've hit a dead end, kind of.

Don't compare yourself to other channels, it'll drive you crazy. Do your thing, keep up the quality and schedule, work on your metadata and people will eventually find you. It took me almost 5 months to hit 100 subscribers, and while I am aware that many people have had better growth I also know many who have not been so lucky.

Back