How is this possible for such a terrible channel??

JeffreyMV

Reaction score
Ok I just want to see if I’m missing something but there’s a channel out there that just began 2 weeks ago with horrible audio, terrible footage, subjects are not engaging at all (one is a kid and the other is his mother). I’ll let you decide how you feel about them. Anyways, I’m suspicious as to their growth. Very little likes but over 3k views on their videos (they post several insanely boring and poor quality unboxing videos a week) and they’re almost up to 900 subscribers in 2 weeks since starting. I on the other hand have clear footage, professional editing, engaging content and pleasant looking subjects. I have followed all the top suggestions for SEO, custom thumbnails, posting 5 times a week for the last 2 weeks, good audio and music backing too, catchy and inviting titles, full out well written descriptions for each video, filled out every last spot on the channel perfectly and I have 4 subs and less than 100 views per video. Basically what this person has done is the complete opposite of what every other successful person has done when beginning YouTube. So is she buying views and buying subs because there is absolutely no way whatsoever something so terrible can consistently get several thousand views after posting. What gives ??? I can understand if the content was decent or if the subjects were better looking or if the thumbnails were actually custom and drew me in but none of that. Am I allowed to say what channel it is?

Reactions: Mikegbeatztv

Graphic Designer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see no reason why you can't name a channel here.

But channels with kids tend to get a lot of views, particularly if the kid is young or cute. A lot of adults(parents) check out kid unboxing stuff to see what to buy for their kid.

If a channel was savvy, they would include cute kids and baby animals in their videos to get views and subs, even for non-kid/animal related content.

Reactions: JeffreyMV

GoetzSaCebu

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just look at The Expat Report

Subs in the thousands, views in the thousands, but if you look closly the top performing videos are stolen from National Geographiics years ago - but that channel still is online even with copyright violations that continue. Plus its videos contain just clips with a computer enerated voice reading premade texts?
I dont get why people watch this channel!

JeffreyMV

Reaction score

But channels with kids tend to get a lot of views, particularly if the kid is young or cute. A lot of adults(parents) check out kid unboxing stuff to see what to buy for their kid.

If a channel was savvy, they would include cute kids and baby animals in their videos to get views and subs, even for non-kid/animal related content.

Thanks for the insight. The channel is “Oliver and Mom”

JeffreyMV

Reaction score
Just look at The Expat Report

Subs in the thousands, views in the thousands, but if you look closly the top performing videos are stolen from National Geographiics years ago - but that channel still is online even with copyright violations that continue. Plus its videos contain just clips with a computer enerated voice reading premade texts?
I dont get why people watch this channel!
Thanks for responding. I checked it out. They have 82k + subs but yet only couple hundred views in the counts. They do follow the suggested “create a custom thumbnail” but based on their sub count and the low video views they might have purchased their subs. The channel I’m referring to (Oliver and Mom) has over 3k views in 2 weeks (or less) on some on their videos with less than 900 subs and the videos are poor poor quality. See for yourself. I just don’t get it.

JeffreyMV

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. The channel is “Oliver and Mom”
Correction ... I looked at the channel you mentioned again and went through other
Thanks for responding. I checked it out. They have 82k + subs but yet only couple hundred views in the counts. They do follow the suggested “create a custom thumbnail” but based on their sub count and the low video views they might have purchased their subs. The channel I’m referring to (Oliver and Mom) has over 3k views in 2 weeks (or less) on some on their videos with less than 900 subs and the videos are poor poor quality. See for yourself. I just don’t get it.
sorry just went through older videos that have the higher view counts and see what you mean. At the same time they are aiming their content at those that are looking to do what they’re suggesting so it’s not totally horrible but still so many views and the videos eek

GoetzSaCebu

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I looked it up, but...
What might be terrible foryou is maybe interesting for others.
Its aimed atpeople and kids, so the views the videos get are ok to me. Just thin that she maybe posts it to relevant FB groups and gets those views?
900subs in a month is possible by just being lucky to have people interested in the content, but sure she might have pushed it - but who cares?
Even BIG celebrities do that!

JeffreyMV

Reaction score
I get it, one person’s trash is another’s treasure. But in this case a channel such as that one goes against everything the experts are saying about YouTube and posting quality videos to appease the algorithm and entertain/teach the viewers/subscribers. There are those of us with actual great content and proper editing that follows all the rules and ticks all the boxes and then a channel like this comes along and speeds ahead with awful content. However they bought... I mean “got” their views and/Or subscribers will always be a mystery. So to respond to your “who cares” well I do. I care because I work hard to perfect my channel. They obviously didn’t put in even a tenth of the effort I did. It’s like the kids in high school who showed up and took the exams and passed without studying while the smart ones spent hours and hours going over everything. Such is life I guess.

Zeyad Shaban

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So to respond to your “who cares” well I do. I care because I work hard to perfect my channel. They obviously didn’t put in even a tenth of the effort I did.
Actually, this doesn't matter at all, rather than talking about them and how much you are hardworking and how much they don't deserve what they are in go to your YouTube analytics and see if your audience is really into your content. See if people are clicking on your thumbnails, if yes then what is the percentage? And what after they click? do they watch the whole video or quite the video in the intro section? Or quite in the intro then remove the intro. Oh, quite when you say "Uhhh Ummm" Or in silence? remove them with a video editor. Do people even see your content? Maybe you aimed for the perfect words but they have a lot of competitions, or maybe the opposite (Aimed for words with Zero competition && zero volume
I didn't see the channel and it really doesn't matter, maybe the kid is so cute and that's why people watch it No one really knows and it really doesn't matter. Stop looking at their content, look at yours instead there must be something wrong.

Good luck in your youtube channel :) Hope you the best

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtube is geared towards three things when it comes to up and coming channels, IMO.

- Kids. Unboxing is huge, reaction videos as well.
- Boobs, click bait, douche-toobers. Speaks for themselves
- Money. Channels that have backing, spending money on advertising, SEO, etc.

A small note on SEO. My channel is losing more subs than gaining over the last year or so, and I have done way too much research on how to get it to stop, turn it around, get new views, etc.

As much as good SEO is important, it is actually a bunch of crap. The company I work for has a R&D department and we are a large online Media and Marketing company. As of now, there is no discernible difference between a video that has a paragraph of information and a tag or two, and one that is professionally SEO and written. The difference, from I was told, is a little over 3% increase in exposure and even less with click throughs. Unless you have something so unique, and it is something new and exciting that people are searching for, SEO is never going to get you very far, on it's own, on Youtube.

Also talking to some people, one of them told me they never click on a video that has a professional looking thumbnail. After hearing that I found that, it is true to more people than I realize. Some people like the raw, amateur looking stuff.

I have been saying this for some time, and I apologize for the dead horse being beaten, but unless you fit into a niche (which I think the channel in question does) or the above three categories, your channel is not going to grow very well.

Bottomline, you have to be doing this for YOU. It's like clock watching at work. It is slow and painful and discouraging. If you are producing things you are proud to publish, you are enjoying the process, and keeps you out of trouble (that would be me, lol) then stop looking around you, and look inside, find new ways to challenge yourself, cool new things you can do, and just have fun. If your channel ever takes off, people will look back and see you were putting a ton of effort in, you are having fun and they would be more likely to watch those videos then.

Sorry babbled a little here...